Leporidae - Rabbit Raising Simulation Game

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meo

Reaction score
I know a few of you play Lucky Lapine- another fun game you may want to try is Leporidae! (http://www.leporidae.org)

It's still very much in beta, with a bug here and there, but completely playable, and gets updates very frequently! There are many real breeds to choose from, along with some fantasy breeds like the "Coloradan Fold" (and colors/markings- you could have a purple striped rabbit if you wanted!) It uses real genetics, and added a few fantasy genes if you want to breed for that kind of thing. (I actually prefer the real colors, myself, but they are fun to look at!) You can even decorate your rabbit's hutch/cage/pen if you like that sort of thing! Raising meat/fur/wool rabbits is another fun feature (and a great way to make money in-game!) I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes sim games or rabbits. :)

If any of you choose to join, and need some help getting started you can message me- I'm Meo (#514). The chat is another great place to ask questions with lots of players more than happy to help. Have a great day!

EDIT: I forgot to mention my favorite part! You can breed for modifiers, so if you want an extremely light or dark colored blue or lilac bun, go for it! The hidden modifiers are still being edited at the moment, so you can actually choose your rabbits modifiers, but that won't be around once they've finished up the coding. :)

I don't believe so, but I joined quite a while ago. Back then, I just emailed the owner and she got back to me within a day with a code, but I believe it's currently open for registration. :)

Had to dig to find the info on how to make money. lol Not going to spend real money on digital rabbits when I need to expand my commercial rabbitry <br /><br /> __________ Tue May 08, 2018 12:20 pm __________ <br /><br /> Ok well now they have this quiz you have to take in order to unlock the chat but I can't find the info to read so that I can have the answers so my quiz is locked.

guardianoasis":30gmqsto said:
Had to dig to find the info on how to make money. lol Not going to spend real money on digital rabbits when I need to expand my commercial rabbitry

__________ Tue May 08, 2018 12:20 pm __________

Ok well now they have this quiz you have to take in order to unlock the chat but I can't find the info to read so that I can have the answers so my quiz is locked.

There's no need to spend real money- it can be played with or without spending real money. :) You can find the answers in the TOS. (http://leporidae.org/tos)

I'm moving this thread to the Around the Coffee Table forum, which is for off-topic discussions.

Please remember that RabbitTalk is a family-friendly forum, and be sure any game you post reflects those values.

MaggieJ":2gmj71gp said:
I'm moving this thread to the Around the Coffee Table forum, which is for off-topic discussions.

Please remember that RabbitTalk is a family-friendly forum, and be sure any game you post reflects those values.

Oops! I completely forgot about the age restriction. Sorry! :oops:

I like the idea of the game, I am a beginner, but 90% of what I have been trying to click on just takes me to the index page where I am not even logged in any more. I go back and I am still logged in. I even tried going to the help forum, it took me there but when I went to click on "Post new thread" it took me back to the index page. So I figured I would ask you on here beings this is how I found out about the game. Any idea on why its doing this ? Or how to help me ?

@#1 rabbit mom - Are you on a mobile device? I have that issue on my phone and iPad every time I log in, but it only happens once and then it usually works.

@Thorn - I assume you know this by now, since you PM'd me, but for anyone else wondering, LL players get an invite code everyday they log in and are free to give them out to anyone interested in playing. (I have quite a few invite codes, to those who are interested!)

It works in a web browser, so you can use it on an android phone although the pages may be harder to navigate as they were made for a larger screen.

I think I'll have to try this. I liked Lucky Lapine but got kind of bored eventually. The idea of having meat/fur rabbits appeals to me. And the modifiers sounds fun.

Is it similar to LL in the show breeding side? Like with the "perfect" traits and non-perm stats?

@LittleFluffyBunnies

You are unable to raise stats, since on Lep, they are all basically genetic. The only stats you can raise are intelligence (which gives your account perks), agility (which hasn't yet been implemented yet), and tameness (which can let your bun become a therapy animal, once that feature is added back in!) None of these affect showing- you have to breed for a good show animal, rather than make one. Showing is basically optional on Lep, since you can make money many other ways (wool, meat, selling rabbits or items to other players...) though it can be really fun! :) Here's a picture of one of my New Zealand's stat boxes:
Stats.png

There are traits, which are basically how close to breed standard your rabbit is, and stats, which are more like how good these traits are. You need both to do well in shows! Luckily, breeding the buns doesn't take long at all. I personally prefer Leporidae over Lucky Lapine, but I play both since I do enjoy the different ways of play! :D

I highly recommend Leporidae to anyone who likes rabbits/genetics. :)

Just made an account and I love the layout and features! I'm starting with NZ and I'm really excited. However, it does keep bugging quite badly. Most of the time when I try to click on something it sends me back to the login page, even though I'm logged in already. Hopefully that gets fixed soon because otherwise it seems like a great sim. I just love how realistic it is.

And thanks for the info!

@LittleFluffyBunnies

It usually only does that if you try using it on a mobile device. I always use my desktop computer and I've never had that happen to me. The game is still in beta, so yeah there are a ton of bugs that pop up; but it's still a lot of fun. :)

Tried it but struggling with the interface. I can't figure out how to get items food or money, and there are a lot of quizzes on rules and things.

Basically it seems to have a reverse difficulty curb. Which is a shame, I was hoping it would be a "beginners playground for genetics" sort of thing.

Back