Help! my rabbit gave birth to a kit with no nest!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golden rabbitry

Reaction score
I found it on the wire this afternoon freezing! it's bundled up in a fluffy blanket with a headig pad under it so it is not to warm yet warm. what do i do? will my doe have the rest of the litter later?will she build a nest?

Did you give her materials to build a nest with: Box, Straw, Hay? Has she pulled any fur at all?

Did you see any blood in her cage? Any kits that could have fallen through onto the ground? What breed is she? Is this her first litter?

she has a box hay stay, but hasn't pulled fur. she tends to pull fur apout 5 hours befor birth. no blood was in the cage. no kits fell through because the wire is cm boxes

it is only one loney baby, but she is in a box, with a blanket and warm rice bag

__________ Wed May 02, 2018 1:20 pm __________

how often should i feed it? <br /><br /> __________ Wed May 02, 2018 1:39 pm __________ <br /><br /> it is her forth litter, and she is a good mom. she is a rex/mini rex/ca meat/lion head and other stuff we don't know of

Since you are in California I'm assuming it was just a cold night? Or is it rainy? What temps are average right now?

I would try to get her to nurse it or a foster doe. Hold her carefully and let the baby try to nurse if it is moving around and active if not actually place it on a nipple. Sometimes does won't have milk for the first day and that's OK.

well, she just had a second right next to the box and this time she pulled fur. both are healthy and are together in a makeshift nestbox. any tips?

If the makeshift nest box is cardboard, plastic or another light-weight material, you should anchor it to the cage wall so it doesn't get turned over by accident. Two or three pairs of holes with wire threaded through them will let you secure the box to the cage wire.

:good-luck:

she is by hrself and started to biuld her nest. both babies are in my house to keep them warm. <br /><br /> __________ Wed May 02, 2018 9:14 pm __________ <br /><br /> she just kindled 4 more in a nest at 6:44pm. all are spotted like the father. If you want to see them you can go on our web site https://adothe3rd.wixsite.com/golden-ra ... e-have-now only thing is i only got pics of the ones she had early.

Back