Naming rabbits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got theme names for breeding does just so I can recognize doe lines quickly. Sunfire begat MoonDust and Solstice who begat Flare. Thyme's offspring Lavender produced Chamomille. And so it goes. I may-be getting another trio and am thinking of Mick, Ruby Tuesday and Angie for names.

Marian

ehhe ;) I was thinking with Chocolate Bunny they'd mostly be things like MC (milk chocolate), Caramel, etc...but with the first batch, they were all black or white...so other than WC (white chocolate) I had a problem. FLB, (FatLittleBunny) I suppose could have had Diet, Atkins, Jenny(Craig), WW as kits....

Vienna now...THAT has potential. I could go with City names....or Waltz names

Lily, the offspring of Chuck and Chocolate Bunny..I'm thinking her kits could be other flower names. Unless I go with Lily Munster as the reason for "lily" :cool:

Truckinguy":3a3cissp said:
FatLittleBunny
Hehe, that's my favourite name so far, I laughed when I heard it back when you first named her (him?).
:lol: Glad you like it. SHE really is a little tub. VERY solid and always the first one at the dinner table. During her nursing phase she lost all the extra tho...nothing but skin, bones, and mammary glands. I actually worried about her for awhile, but she was always active and bright, so....

Anntann":3lj5szqg said:
ehhe ;) I was thinking with Chocolate Bunny they'd mostly be things like MC (milk chocolate), Caramel, etc...but with the first batch, they were all black or white...so other than WC (white chocolate) I had a problem.

Well, a two colored bunny could be 'Fudge Ripple,Moose tracks, Neopolitan, Washington, vanilla bean, :icecream: Get the drift?

Now, I am hungry....

Aileen":39x1y5xj said:
Now I'm hungry!

Some of the names on the pedigrees of my original Amchins---Chili Fry, Cheesy fry, Mincemeat, Apple Dumpling--- I kept wondering WHO would name a rabbit after junk food? Turns out-- it was one of the OLD TIMER Breeders-- and not the teenager!!! the rabbits produced by a breeder judge-- nothing but numbers---

Well I can tell you that with the thoroughbred breeder. she has to name it with the first letter of the studs name. or the leeter in the abc of that year. depends on the breeding farm. I think this year the letter is J. Glad I do not have any thoroughbreds being born this year. As for my rabbits my daughter names them that is what we have had a dora, boots, franklin, and so on. And we have a harlequin doe named hanna. And for my warmblood foals most those breeds want you to name them after the stallion. That is why my oldenburgh stud colt's name is Rio's Johnny Cash. Last year the rabbits emma did not name that I named before they left or go twith out a name i did the same thing that the tb breeders do and either named it with a name that started with the first letter of the buck or the name started with a I.

I have done themes in the past but I know longer name entire litters. I did have a game theme (Hop Scotch, Freeze tag, Patty Cake) and may actually recycle some of those names, but I really don't do themes any longer. I will sometimes name an offspring I am keeping after the parent (for example, Chalrie gave me CJ and Charleeze, Charleeze gave me Leeza, etc). I usually either let the niece and nephews name them or just name them the first thing that pops in my mind.

Back