2018 hiking has begun

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
Hopefully it goes better for my health this year. A freak snowstorm the day before hiking took our first hike of the year from a forecasted 52F to well..... about here with the thawed water now frozen into a layer of ice under inches of snow that included hidden ice boulders I started wishing for skis or a sled or a snowboard or just about anything that uses the northern sled breeds in the group.
VVpRNGi.jpg

0mlCNGv.jpg

Today's hike went better aside from the mud, my shoes nearly getting sucked off in the low spots of the giant clay mounds piled in the river washout, and Aiko thought I needed to dip my feet halfway up my shins into the river water with ice on the banks. This wasn't helped by Zami's 90lbs having no issue wandering into deep water if given the option. Personally I preferred staying on the flat rocks that were only an inch submerged but my shoes came out clean again. :lol: If I feel like checking it for editing needs and then taking the time to upload I have a vid of Aiko being Aiko. They found a shrew last hike and while Niji caught it the only one that doesn't have such a soft mouth things tend to escape again is Aiko so she was the one to kill and eat it. Now she won't stop rooting all dried grass piles for shrews. To cover more grass without being told to quit stopping constantly she has been flinging herself through it nose first down the sides of paths. :roll:

8t8jdRq.jpg

VxQE0UL.jpg

1yRTGPf.jpg

C78rqMK.jpg

PN5vTNG.jpg

eMYFBma.jpg

JDsKmid.jpg

7nl3PQU.jpg

The week has been cold, warm, cold, hot.... We found several new places to hike with less people (and more tasty horse manure). Still mostly brown out there but the horse trail yesterday was starting to get green where the weeds and leaves have been trampled away. That brought out lots of bunnies to eat along it and there would be one less if spaz in the front had 1' more of leash.
Qu7yguQ.jpg

e8oz4sf.jpg

xH49ei9.jpg

LkJC5xo.jpg

7vXctey.jpg

rEWwP32.jpg

nm7QGn8.jpg

They pulled a deer skull out of the weeds and carried it down the path but even Aiko's jaws got tired.
bpBPf7j.jpg

Most winter fluffing is done but I think the fluffy siberian husky, Niji, is going to have to go to a groomer. She screams bloody murder over being brushed and I can't find where my longer rake went. The furminator just lodges in her dense coat. She decided to top it off with some mud before then.
j7aBPPJ.jpg

BFu9nue.jpg

NMSTo4p.jpg

9f7WuhN.jpg

This is going to agility today to wear off more of her energy and hopefully also learn something in the process.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou6C3vfGC3c&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Latest posts

Back