Ginger and food poisoning

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Using Ginger to prevent, and treat food poisoning

Ginger cures almost every type of digestive tract problem, and also most other forms of “food poisoning”.
[Ginger is the only treatment I use, and have used- it is very fast and effective]
Ginger is an ingredient in most traditional Asian recipes that contain meat, it prevents people from getting sick from old or non refrigerated meat, as well as some other troublesome bacteria various foods may contain…
I recommend everyone keep a little ginger on hand - https://www.inlifehealthcare.com/2017/0 ... -remedies/

Additional "reported" -“natural” treatments

Apple Cider Vinegar can treat food poisoning as it disinfects your complete digestive system. It alleviates various symptoms of food poisoning. It is reported that apple cider vinegar gives instant relief.
I, as well as[probably] others on this site use canning methods that can be risky. Commercially caned food can also be “bad”. All of my family’s food poisoning sickness incidents came from restaurant food. I just posted this as “helpful info”- that some people might not be aware of.. and/ or find useful…

Mmmm.... Asian ginger soda. Fixes any digestive problem you have. Just don't stir it up unless you really love ginger spice because the slightly fermented root at the bottom is strong. I also keep a container of ginger tea around because it doubles as being useful to cover the flavor of anything you can dissolve in hot water for ingestion.

It's also pretty good as an anti-nausea 'medicine'. We usually keep some ginger root around, especially after they've been harvesting it in the fields on the way into town. Some of it will frequently fall off the trucks so we can just pick it up alongside the road. Otherwise, Costco has some lovely ground ready to use ginger in a handy squeeze bottle. They keep it near the bottles of garlic in the spice area. At least, at our local Costco, not sure if yours would have it or not.

Slices of ginger root are frequently used in meat marinades around here. Ginger and shoyu are a standard start to many marinades. Ginger is also good in some teas, or kombuchas.

Back