What color am I?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sable point (probably actually a seal point or sallander but the color description for sable point holland lops can cover all 3 of those varieties)

That's great news. I am hoping for sallander :D <br /><br /> __________ Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:02 am __________ <br /><br /> Can sallanders come in diffrent colors such as a blue or black tort?

Wow! Never even heard of that color before. Is there a matching color under a different name in some of the other breeds of rabbits?

Sallander's called (black) pearl in angora, and siamese in satin/mini satin. It is also sometimes called iron grey. Those are the only US breeds that recognize it but in most that recognize sable point they can be shown as smutty sable points. Sallanders can come in all 4 base colors

I've been lurking on this thread in hopes that you'll show us some updated pics of the kit, AmberRae? :in_love:

A friend of mine has a sable point Rex that I just adore! Not show-able for Rex, but it's such a pretty color, I'd love to develop a meat/fur line of sable points!

Here is an updated pic. Not the greatest pic but it is from the breeder. I won't have the bun for another 6 weeks. The breeder told me it was Lilac which I didn't think it was. I am hoping for sallander. I have a broken sallander but think this color would be much better in a solid.

Attachments

• 20180419_152955.jpg
    20180419_152955.jpg
    861.5 KB · Views: 1,143
Wow, so cute! Honestly the Vienna mark makes the color/pattern stand out even more... it's probably going to be a real stunner when it's an adult! :oops:

Back