Rabbit Addict Forum

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deutschebunny

Reaction score
I am a member of the Rabbit Addict Forum but had been away from it for over a year. I popped back there yesterday and posted a topic but then was surprised at how few people were on line there compared to years back and then I noticed the dates of recent activity which was also years back. It felt like a ghost Forum and I’m just wondering if it has been abandoned for some reason. Does anyone have any thoughts please? Thank you.

It's not unusual. Many forums have been given up in favor of facebook groups or other social media platforms. I dislike it, as it's harder to find information on those types of formats but it is what it is.

alforddm":35c13mh2 said:
It's not unusual. Many forums have been given up in favor of facebook groups or other social media platforms. I dislike it, as it's harder to find information on those types of formats but it is what it is.

Yeah, it is sort of sad that Facebook has taken over the scene. What I love about forums that resemble the old fashion BBS from the 80s, is that post don't "disappear" the way they do on "Facebook like" mass social media forums. Those forums have a sort of infinite scroll where you eventually tire of going backwards, so anything past a certain age, while technically there is sort of forgotten.

What I also like about BBS type forums is that you get CAN get a better idea of a member's point of view. If you wanted to learn more about my interest and point of view is, you can simply click on my profile and read my previous post and topics. The Facebooks/Twitters of the world are not interested in that sort of nuance. They are only interested in streamlining the interface so they can get the greatest number of users. They are definitely interested in

Thank you Ghost and alforddm. I’m not a fan of FB and feel it’s not appropriate any way because there’s no index and you can’t locate information at all well. These forums are well structured and easily searched.

I check this site at least twice a week ... <br /><br /> __________ Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:28 pm __________ <br /><br />
Deutschebunny":3jzxt0d6 said:
Thank you Ghost and alforddm. I’m not a fan of FB and feel it’s not appropriate any way because there’s no index and you can’t locate information at all well. These forums are well structured and easily searched.

And-- face book has mostly ridicules , or just wrong ,answers -feel sorry for a new person searching for help on face book

Facebook does allow small groups that would not warrant their own forum to exist. A few specialty interests can be easily gathered into groups that otherwise don't have any information out there. There's a few animals that without a place to ask keepers and breeders of them directly the info does not exist on the internet and finding such people on a forum with a broader topic that also includes them may be impossible. Some do not expend effort to check forums but get alerts on facebook for groups they are watching. Unfortunately the design of it is so inferior to forums that searching for help is truly impossible rather than repeatedly asking questions that bury everything else. Occasionally people who hate repeat beginner questions start groups and think they can just provide a list of saved files they've put together from past posts or other sources. FB has no organizational system to the group files though and I did get banned from a group when commiserating with another new person over our inability to find something, being directed to read the files, and then only being punished when we still couldn't find it. Apparently there's a 3 strike rule for any negative comments about the admin's file system. :roll: I could find things easier and more complete with google than trying to figure out what titled file my question fell under because I wasn't allowed to ask about my specific setup/situation if it was considered too basic of question.

Latest posts

Back