It was bound to happen eventually

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maleficent

Reaction score
So, I had picked up a couple of prebred does recently, one that was born May of this year who was due the 17th and her mother who is about a year and a half old that is due the 25th.

Well the little first timer birthed on the 17th, I wondered outside to check on her and she didn't build a nest of pull fur, the kits were scattered along the bottom of her cage with her having eaten one. The rest were over groomed. Either missing feet, tails, or ears in some combination. I managed to revive the 6 chilled kits with one dying sometime between midnight and when I woke back up around 8. (I had shelf ed them at this point).

Mom obviously had a hard birth as her vent was red and very swollen. I ended up culling all the babies as I didn't have a foster available to me to care for them and one ended up having a seizure while the rest started gasping for breath while turning blue in the face. Mom was kind of reluctant to eat there for a while but once the swelling of her vent went down she started eating like a horse again.

Latest posts

Back