Purina Rabbit Chow sale at Tractor Supply

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a7736100

Reaction score
50 pound bags
Complete $14.39
Show $15.99
plus tax
Don't know how long they are on sale. I checked and the closest store to be that have them in stock is about 30 miles from me. I think I'll buy a month's supply to make it worth the trip. The local feed store is only 5 miles away but $5 more per bag.

Oh thanks! :D Although many breeders I truly respect recommend against purina, I still feed it, because it's the only local feed that has never killed a single one of my kits. At the end of the day, that's what I need most in a feed.

check the manufacture dates,,,,, The only thing I had against Purina was -not having a dedicated formula, [for all i know they may by now] out west in North Ca.,where i was at-,- the Purina [and Nutrina for a while] manufacturing plants would put what ever was cheap that month in the pellets, adjusting the formula each time to meet label values - starting late summer, they would add a large amount of tomato pulp to the feed formula from time to time-- everything on the farm had GI issues... -- I was not happy with them at all - we were feeding the same brand all along- but got results like we had suddenly changed to a completely different feed program - or green feed.. I would have 250 does and litters with major troubles... It affected the weaner, and to some extent the roaster pigs the same way.. [their feed cost me a lot of time and money] I finally started having my feed custom made in order to control this problem--

I checked today and the sale is over and all the near by stores have them in stock. At least I bought 4 bags at sale price.

It's had a dedicated formula out here since I started feeding a few years back. https://www.kwcages.com/purina-rabbit-c ... 50-lb.html It doesn't have as good of an ingredient list as manna pro, but maybe the local mills here hire more careful employees than the local manna pro ones do, because I had no end of trouble with that brand a few years back. :shrug: The problem with rabbit food, I think, is that a different employee lineup could make all the difference in whether our animals live or die (speaking from experience as a toxin tester for pet products.)

Latest posts

Back