what do you think of "prophecy" ?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think most prophecy's are vague enough they can have any number of interpretations, however, I do believe in the second comming of Christ.

When I was around 16, I had a very vivid vision of myself with 4 kids. There was an older girl and two younger boys and I got the "feeling" of an older boy although I didn't see him. I now have 4 kids. Two older ones, a boy and a girl, and two younger boys. They girl and the two younger boys are now exactly the age I saw in my vision and the oldest in in college so he is "felt" but not seen. To make things even weirder, the middle boy was a complete surprise. He was not planned at all so it's not like a purposely fullfied my own vision.

I've never had another experience like this but it was so vivid it has stuck with me all these years.

alforddm":dqd9xjj4 said:
I think most prophecy's are vague enough they can have any number of interpretations, however, I do believe in the second comming of Christ.

When I was around 16, I had a very vivid vision of myself with 4 kids. There was an older girl and two younger boys and I got the "feeling" of an older boy although I didn't see him. I now have 4 kids. Two older ones, a boy and a girl, and two younger boys. They girl and the two younger boys are now exactly the age I saw in my vision and the oldest in in college so he is "felt" but not seen. To make things even weirder, the middle boy was a complete surprise. He was not planned at all so it's not like a purposely fullfied my own vision.

I've never had another experience like this but it was so vivid it has stuck with me all these years.

Very cool, thank you for sharing that-- Most of my "Dreams" have not been prophetic, as much as a type premonition , or a warning of what would come to pass if I continue on my normal course .. So having a dream of this type allows me to recognize a set of circumstances as they begin to play out- and choose another path. So in effect, the thing I saw in my dream never really happens..
For instance- I dreamt i was doing chores and listening to two bull gators fight out in the swamp behind the place i lived in Florida, -as I walked down the levy to get a closer look, I leaned out over the edge of the levy to see better..- an absolutely huge gator sprang up out of the weeds near the bank and grabbed me by the arm and shoulder-- I immediately woke, a little traumatized--
....about 2 months later it was breeding season for gators, I was doing chores and was listening to gators fight and roar out in the swamp behind our house- I began to walk out on the levy to see how big they were, as they sounded like they were pretty big..- I recognized the exact same scene from my dream,- so i stopped- and went back around to the other side of the little pond area to look and see if i could see the area I saw in the dream where the big gator was...-- I watched for a minute and then a huge bull gator [probably 14 to 16 feet long] came out of the exact spot as my dream- and took off across the swamp to chase the other bull gators. [He was big enough to have swallowed me whole]..
So the things I saw in my dream , never really came to pass, and only the first part of what happened in "real life" was exactly like the dream..
I did see my wife in a dream, about a year before we met- so- I knew who she was when we met.. I think God was just making sure I didn't mess it up...

alforddm":3jv5w77o said:

Nothing much to do with prophecy but....
Many of my dreams, about one every two months, actually happen. Its odd, because its nothing important.(Opening a bale of hay, washing a blue bowl while watching rain through the window, etc) But its always there. I write down my dreams before I do other things in the morning. When I started doing this,I had, or rather remembered, more dreams, which was the purpose of the excercise.It was about that time I started to notice some of them happening. Before when I read about people seeing the future in their dreams I scoffed at it. A lucky chance. But now...i'm not so sure. Thing tend to happen in this world that don't really make sense. I realize them more now that I look out for them. :catmoon:

Thorn":4yoa4dwb said:
alforddm":4yoa4dwb said:

Nothing much to do with prophecy but....
Many of my dreams, about one every two months, actually happen. Its odd, because its nothing important.(Opening a bale of hay, washing a blue bowl while watching rain through the window, etc) But its always there. I write down my dreams before I do other things in the morning. When I started doing this,I had, or rather remembered, more dreams, which was the purpose of the excercise.It was about that time I started to notice some of them happening. Before when I read about people seeing the future in their dreams I scoffed at it. A lucky chance. But now...i'm not so sure. Thing tend to happen in this world that don't really make sense. I realize them more now that I look out for them. :catmoon:

I think many of us have a lot of that sort of thing, and could have a lot more.. it is more common than is generally recognized- If more of us would write down our dreams as soon as we wake- [before they fade] we would be amazed at our dream time connection to this "timeless reality"
I have used herbal teas , and meditation, to induce these "future" type of dreams- the things I saw were exactly accurate - I have no idea how it works.. but i have come to the opinion that our reality [generally] is not "fixed" it is "mutable"- kind of like an interactive computer game- our decisions in the "now" change our future as we go along ..

I never cared to really stop and consider it. Studying prophecy to try and prove if they come true seems like a waste of time. Even if they are true it doesn't really change my life. Sort of like whether a higher power exists or not won't alter my behavior so why try to figure out the impossible. I will follow my own morals either way.

I do remember I used to dream small things that then happened as a child and sometimes such realistic dreams as a teenager that I'd have to pause a second to remember it hadn't occurred. With insomnia and stress I got so tired of being aware of my mind working all night as well as all day. I put in an effort to stop the lucid dreaming others try so hard to cause and to forget my dreams. My mind immediately throws them out when I wake up now. They do not go into conscious memory so I can feel like I rested and also not be plagued by intrusive thoughts of past negative events.

After two years of unmanned cruising in orbit, the Chinese space station Tiangong-1, or “heavenly palace” in Mandarin, has finally fallen out, crashing into the Earth’s atmosphere. At 8:16 pm Eastern time on Sunday, the school bus-size craft plummeted into the southern Pacific Ocean, the United States Joint Force Space Component Command has confirmed.

so much for that one falling on the US [no Hopi prophecy fulfillment here]

Back