RabbitTalk Needs Your Help

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaggieJ

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
RabbitTalk needs your help. I have been reluctant to post an appeal, but member donations have fallen off substantially in recent months. Here we are now, two-thirds of the way through March, without any donations at all.

I'd like to say a big :thankyou: to the handful of members -- the same ones time after time – who have been keeping us afloat. Bless you all for your generosity; it is much appreciated. But it's time for us to ask other members to help out too.

I know times are hard and that many people who might like to contribute simply cannot at present, but this is an appeal to those who do have a little money to spare to help us keep RabbitTalk up and running. It doesn't have to be a lot . . . small sums add up when we pull together.

The $75 dollar monthly goal—when it is met—allows a "bumper" for the odd bad month, but right now there is no reserve. Twice in the past year I have personally topped up the donations to meet server costs, but I am living on Old Age Security and cannot do this on a regular basis.

So I’m asking . . . please can you help us out?

:pancake: Rabbittalk is the only calm, sane, sensible place I've ever found online to talk about.. pretty much anything that crosses my mind!
and it can get a bit out there sometimes
I attribute at least 95% of my homesteading and animal care success to the patient mentoring I've received on here.
Thank you all for participating and helping to keep this refuge and amazing resource open for everyone. :love:

Zass":a2vtrptb said:
:pancake: Rabbittalk is the only calm, sane, sensible place I've ever found online to talk about.. pretty much anything that crosses my mind!
and it can get a bit out there sometimes
I attribute at least 95% of my homesteading and animal care success to the patient mentoring I've received on here.
Thank you all for participating and helping to keep this refuge and amazing resource open for everyone. :love:

Rabbittalk is wonderful! It's one of the few sane places on the internet and I'm very thankful you're here.

:yeahthat:

:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

to all those who have made a donation to keep RabbitTalk alive. Your support means more to us than words can say.

I'm hoping to avoid having to make this kind of appeal to members in the future, but I figured it was better to speak up since the need had become urgent.

I don't feel that it's a bad thing to ask for the help. I would be more than happy to help except right now is really not a good time with me moving and everything in my life being thrown into a cluster. One day soon though it'll settle. Urgency requires attention. Glad to see it came through

MaggieJ":34lbs421 said:
I'm hoping to avoid having to make this kind of appeal to members in the future, but I figured it was better to speak up since the need had become urgent.

I've been meaning to make another donation for months, but just keep putting it off, as though logging into Paypal takes SO MUCH EFFORT. You appeal made me get off the X and send a little scratch to the site that has done so much for me. I think you should make an appeal anytime it looks like you're going to have to prop the site up from your personal funds. You already do so much, nobody here wants you paying the freight as well.

What works for me is to make a donation each year when I get another star and that reminds me of how much I've learned here. If I didn't have some sort of marker/reminder the time just slips by and it would be hard to remember when I'd pitched in. I remember asking a while back if there could be a way of indicating not just where we are for the month but how we're doing overall for the year--or even whether there is some surplus for a slow month. I agree that it's not wrong to ask and that it is wrong for one or two people to carry the whole financial responsibility.
Many thanks to all who make RT work--with money and technical know-how and farming experience.

Latest posts

Back