Blue-ish Mini Lop Color?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lopluvva

Reaction score
I really don't know what color she is. At first I thought she was blue but she has patches of light grey/brown on her sides and chest. If it helps, she is out of a broken black x gold tipped black steel breeding. Can anyone tell me what she might be? (she is not posed correctly, but she is a purebred mini lop)
mini.jpg
mini2.jpg

I don't see any blue to those photos. I do see shading and/or some serious molting that is throwing the color off.

None of my non-dilute sable or seal looked bluish at any age except if the lighting was off for a picture. There's some pics where the camera went weird that make them blue and then the same rabbit in other pics that is quite brown but it wasn't blue looking in person unless there was dilute there. Lighting and camera quality can really make a difference when getting pics of rabbits with the sable gene. I only had a couple blue sables ever born since the only time blue met sable genes was when linebreeding my single sable netherland buck and the offspring of a self blue and blue himi does. I don't really remember how differently they devleoped compared to all the self black based I raised with the American sable breed.

Back