Tattoo pen recommendations

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozemba

Reaction score
I'm finally going to invest in a tattoo pen for the rabbits and was interested in suggestions and recommendations from anybody who has used them. I'm down to a choice between the kbtatt pen and the EZ tattoo pen unless someone has another suggestion in the under $100 range that comes as a kit.

i have a kbtatt and i really like it. though to be fair, i've never used a different one :p i read a few reviews before i bought one and the kbtatt seemed to have better lines than others, a bit easier to use, and was cheaper, so i went with it. i find it really easy to use, fits well in the hand - it's basically just a modified toothbrush lol. my only complaint is after a year and approximately 100 rabbits tattooed (over the course of three needles - i should probably change it more often but i keep forgetting to buy new ones in time,) i find that whatever mechanism sucks up and holds the ink stops working as well. i find myself having to dip into the ink more often now, even with new needles. i got the black india ink from the site, and it holds up well. one of my does that i tattooed as a kit a year and a half ago needs a touch-up, but it's still easily readable, the lines just aren't as crisp and i'm a perfectionist.

tumblr_p5caieS5ps1vlx0zao1_1280.jpg

an example of one of my most recent tats, on a two year old doe, so thick ears. the arrow is me just feeling a bit fancy - her name means 'little arrow' and she was staying really still for me :p

I got an EZTatt kit (Canadian shipping limitations were being a problem for other types, whereas my usual supplier had the EZTatt kits in stock)

Set up of the needle height took some time to get right, but it seemed okay afterwards. I have tattooed a few practice bananas, but tomorrow is supposed to be my first actual use of it for real tattooing. (I have some 8 week old kits now. :D )

I'll see about reporting back tomorrow after doing a few tattoos. If I remember, I should take photos.

That tattoo looks so nice, shazza! The few reviews that I've seen for it are generally mixed so I didn't know if I should go ahead and up my ante by buying the heftier EZ pen. The inkinator also looks very nice but is more than I'd like to pay.

I'd love to hear back from you Ferra

I have a KB Tatt and I love it. I much prefer using it over the clamp that I had for EVER. I haven't used the other one though so I have nothing to compare it to. I have heard from a lot of people that the inkinator lets off a lot of ink and makes it hard to see what your doing. Although maybe that's more getting used to your tool than an actual default in the item itself.

I've heard lots of greats things about the KB Tatt and I have used it and loved it myself, but where o am there's lots of complaints about broken pens being shipped as new, bent needles, etc. So I am unsure of getting one now... Does anybody know if those claims are valid? I've also heard something about an MR Tatt, anybody heard of it? Their website looks really good but I don't know if they're actually quality products for sure or not since I haven't had first hand experience.

So my impression of the EZ tatt is that it is good, but has two week points.

- The ink shipped with it is disturbingly thick. (Maybe my bottle got exposed to air)
- The nylon set screw I mentioned seems to be a little weak - I think it may have changed position during use? I might get a few "dotted line" tattoos.

Otherwise it was serviceable.

im mad at kbtats :evil: :evil: :evil: :angry: :angry: :angry: :evil: :angry: :evil: :angry: they stole my money

Back