Register

Mini Rex Popples!

A place to post bits of news, ideas, musings and other things that don't really fit into the other forums.
Great Britain Female
BunnyBucks: 180.00

Re: Mini Rex Popples!

Post Number:#16  Unread postby Rosalaun » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:25 pm

Been a while since I've checked on here! Thankfully I had a second pair of hands for the photos haha although said pair of hands kept playing a game of 'stack the bunnies' which didn't really help :P
Babies are now 7 weeks and all growing nicely, this is probably the last proper photoshoot for most of them as they're all reserved and going off to their pet homes next week.

Now question time - the colouring on the tort is very light at the moment, is this likely to darken off or does it seem like we're stuck with this odd paler version? She's come up a lovely bright orange, but that strange pale-but-sooty shading is really putting me off! The photo from last week shows the colour more accurately:

United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 485.00

Post Number:#17  Unread postby guardianoasis » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:30 pm

Awwww the tortie is so cute :in_love:

Although I'm instantly jealous of your ability to get them all to sit like that. Tell me, what's your secret! This year I'm hoping to get some good pictures for my website and it'd be nice to have some bunny pictures like that.
:bunnyhop:
Currently breeding American Chinchilla and Satin rabbits.
Guardian Oasis Website Guardian Oasis Facebook

Great Britain Female
BunnyBucks: 180.00

Post Number:#18  Unread postby Rosalaun » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:41 pm

Thanks Guardian!
Honestly just being patient xD Having a somewhat decent DSLR and taking time to play with all the settings helps things look clearer, along with a tiny bit of editing to remove all the bunny-berries. I brought 4 of them into the house and spent nearly 2 hours working with them. I've been doing this weekly with them, so the first few times they pin themselves on the floor looking terrified, but the 2nd or 3rd time they relax a lot quicker and are right back to jumping and grooming. Some of them will let me pose them (tort and choc), but most will move the second I pull my hand away. Usually I set the camera down, pose the rabbit with one hand, focus the camera with the other, and immediately press the shutter as I move away - often that's quick enough to get them before they run off!

Most of the photos today ended up like this though:
I had to wait a while for them to settle :D

Previous