Other forum suggestions

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guardianoasis

Reaction score
So I already love it here.... But I planned on getting chickens and peacocks and cows. That's my "limit" right now. Oh and gardening and homesteading. Does anyone have any suggestions for other forum sites that specialize in those things? That are friendly and nice like this place is?

Tried BackyardChickens which was recommended (maybe by someone here on RT?) but found it frustrating, not much support for questions or outside the box (or commercial feedbag) thinking. You will find discussions about other livestock in this forum and somewhere on here there are quite a few threads about gardening.
I'm sure others who spend more screen time will have suggestions. I just wonder sometimes how much help it is to have such an abundance of information just a click away. No trouble finding advice--just hard to sift the wheat from the chaff. Best of luck in all your endeavors.

:?

There's a number of members here that have experience in a lot of those things (gardening pops up pretty frequently, especially among those that feed their rabbits with bits from the garden)! If you have particular questions, you can post them in the appropriate board (either "Around the Coffee Table" or "Our Other Animals"), and anyone that has experience (or enthusiasm) might chime in.

The only other forums I've personally peeked at (please don't :chair: me, MaggieJ!) are Homesteading Today and Backyard Chickens. I haven't participated in either, just browsed through a couple threads here and there. Oh, and examined every chicken coop posted on Backyard Chickens for possible inspiration. I personally can't wait to get a flock of chickens added to our family! :lol:

No idea if there's another forum quite like this one, as far as sensibility and friendliness goes, but it might be you can get some answers from the wonderfully diverse collection we have here, as well. :)

Nymphadora":215fkwa2 said:
:?

There's a number of members here that have experience in a lot of those things (gardening pops up pretty frequently, especially among those that feed their rabbits with bits from the garden)! If you have particular questions, you can post them in the appropriate board (either "Around the Coffee Table" or "Our Other Animals"), and anyone that has experience (or enthusiasm) might chime in.

The only other forums I've personally peeked at (please don't :chair: me, MaggieJ!) are Homesteading Today and Backyard Chickens. I haven't participated in either, just browsed through a couple threads here and there. Oh, and examined every chicken coop posted on Backyard Chickens for possible inspiration. I personally can't wait to get a flock of chickens added to our family! :lol:

No idea if there's another forum quite like this one, as far as sensibility and friendliness goes, but it might be you can get some answers from the wonderfully diverse collection we have here, as well. :)

I've seen backyard poultry and signed up there a long time ago, I wasn't impressed either. Mostly it was about me hanging out and posting in other places as to not flood this forum with my responses as I have been recently.

Latest posts

Back