Poor buster.. my does dont like him lol

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipoGSD

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Ive tried everything to get my 2 holland does to breed with my holland buck buster. Poor guy keeps getting his feelings crushed lol

Ive tried ACV
swapping cages for 24 hours
Putting the girls cages next to him
Allowing some playtime in the puppy pen for hours at a time.. bout ready to take them on a romantic car ride lol

Maybe he has stinky breath and needs some bref mints lolll

Granted the girls areas arent the deep pink but i thought being around a male or him trying also helps them get in the mood?? One doe is well over a year the other is 5 months

I'll keep trying but..i want beebee hollands dangit lol

Ok end of babble.. hehehe <br /><br /> -- Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:51 pm -- <br /><br /> Oh i forgot.. ive also been giving spinish leaves.. read on this site that it might help.. something about extra vit a i believe..

Yes, dark leafy greens for Vitamin A and maybe a bit of BOSS for Vitamin E. It only works if the feed is short on those vitamins, of course, but both are vulnerable to loss if storage conditions are prolonged or not ideal between manufacturer and your rabbitry.

Some people do claim that taking the does for a ride in the car kind of shakes them up enough to make them receptive.

Another odd fix is to give them Celestial Seasonings Red Raspberry Zinger herbal tea. The theory I've heard is that the hibiscus leaves in it put bunnies in the mood. Some people swear by it . . . and it can't hurt to try.

Ooooo ty for that tip!! Do i make the tea like how we would drink it? Weaker? Stronger?

As for the food, they are all on country pride, stored inside our house. My retired girls (our pets that we also bred for meat for the dogs) were alwayssss willing to breed while on this food, Id be willing to bet if a male was introduced to them right now.. bow chicka wow wow lol.

I will also add some boss too.

Maybe when i try the car ride, i can offer a nice cup of tea and play some barry manilow LOL

My poor buster brown is feeling so unloved lol

I'd just make the tea the way you would for yourself -- or maybe a bit weaker. I have never tried using it, but if it works (or for the matter, if you find anything that works for your buns) please post an update.

We once had a pet rabbit named Buffy who loved :love: the Righteous Brothers, especially Unchained Melody. So who knows what might work with your girls.

Haven't gotten to the grocery store yet but definitely will let you know if it works :) <br /><br /> -- Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:12 am -- <br /><br /> So still nothing so far. Havent bought the tea yet, i was really just hoping it would just happen..

Also im wondering if its because its not all that bright in here with natural day light? We have plenty of light but not real sun light.. i have a bird bulb (feather bright) that says its full spectrum/UV's. Wondering if i should put that in a clamp lamp ontop of one of the does cages for a week or so and see how it goes. Its only 20 watts so i know it won't be too hot for a rabbit.

Maybe I'll do an experiment.. a week of the tea for one doe and a week of the uv light for the other...
If i do this, should i document it on this thread or make a new one?

Shoot I'd just post your results here. You already have some of us watching this thread.

Personally I'd just apply the "rabbit jack" as I call it...or maybe he just needs a shower. :lol: j.k.

Latest posts

Back