Register

Buck with swollen testicles

Diagnosing and treating rabbit ailments. *Caution! These threads may contain graphic content.*
1 year of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 1,667.00

Buck with swollen testicles

Post Number:#1  Unread postby Ozarkansas » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:07 pm

Okay. So I hate to be the person who only posts when a rabbit is having problems "down there" :oops: But I've got a buck with swollen testicles now. He's not acting like he's in pain but it does not look right. I bred him to one doe 11 days ago and didn't bother to flip him over since. Now I'm concerned for him. Anyone ever delt with this or have suggestions??
20180305_115729.jpg
20180305_115729.jpg (547.72 KiB) Viewed 204 times

20180305_115944.jpg
20180305_115944.jpg (521.33 KiB) Viewed 204 times
Ozarkansas Rabbits and Cavies
Raising quality purebred Beveren, Dutch, English Spot, Holland Lop, and Tan rabbits. As well as White Crested cavies. Primarily for show in NW Arkansas.
htpp://www.ozarkansasrabbits.com

Site Supporter
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 9,870.00

Re: Buck with swollen testicles

Post Number:#2  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:46 pm

sorry - I've never dealt with this before.. would be curious to see what some other veteran rabbit people have to say..
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens.

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 440.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby MeadowView » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:36 pm

How old is the rabbit? Not to be 'that person' but this looks very similar to what one of my old buck's testicular cancer looked like at first.

1 year of membership

Post Number:#4  Unread postby Ozarkansas » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:04 pm

MeadowView wrote:How old is the rabbit? Not to be 'that person' but this looks very similar to what one of my old buck's testicular cancer looked like at first.

He will be a year old on the 19th. He is proven. He has a seven week old litter and fathered a litter in December but the doe scattered them on the wire.
Raising quality purebred Beveren, Dutch, English Spot, Holland Lop, and Tan rabbits. As well as White Crested cavies. Primarily for show in NW Arkansas.

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 440.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby MeadowView » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:01 pm

Keep an eye on it... It can happen at any time and most bucks can still breed for a while with testicular cancer. My boy lived with it for almost three additional years and it never seemed to bother him until the end, when he started dragging his hindquarters and we knew it was time. If it's cancer they'll continue to get bigger. If you raise rabbits long enough it's something you'll see eventually.

Of course, it could be something else entirely, so this could all be irrelevant. Like I said though, keep an eye on it. could just be a fluke.

1 year of membership

Post Number:#6  Unread postby Ozarkansas » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:02 pm

Thank you. I'll keep an eye on it. I'm not sure if this could have anything to do with it at all. But he's always been super skinny so someone suggested to worm him with horse ivomec paste. I've never done that before but I had high hopes to show him and I really want him at senior weight and in good condition. I was very nervous he'd have a reaction, I wormed him about month ago and saw nothing. But then I don't exactly remember flipping him over since then :?

-- Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:02 pm --

So just as fast as he swelled up, he's back down to normal. I'm so confused :shock:

Site Supporter
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 9,870.00

Post Number:#7  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:45 pm

reaction to Horse medicine maybe
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens.