Buck with swollen testicles

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozarkansas

Reaction score
Okay. So I hate to be the person who only posts when a rabbit is having problems "down there" :oops: But I've got a buck with swollen testicles now. He's not acting like he's in pain but it does not look right. I bred him to one doe 11 days ago and didn't bother to flip him over since. Now I'm concerned for him. Anyone ever delt with this or have suggestions??
20180305_115729.jpg
20180305_115944.jpg

How old is the rabbit? Not to be 'that person' but this looks very similar to what one of my old buck's testicular cancer looked like at first.

MeadowView":3ppc0vj1 said:
How old is the rabbit? Not to be 'that person' but this looks very similar to what one of my old buck's testicular cancer looked like at first.

He will be a year old on the 19th. He is proven. He has a seven week old litter and fathered a litter in December but the doe scattered them on the wire.

Keep an eye on it... It can happen at any time and most bucks can still breed for a while with testicular cancer. My boy lived with it for almost three additional years and it never seemed to bother him until the end, when he started dragging his hindquarters and we knew it was time. If it's cancer they'll continue to get bigger. If you raise rabbits long enough it's something you'll see eventually.

Of course, it could be something else entirely, so this could all be irrelevant. Like I said though, keep an eye on it. could just be a fluke.

Thank you. I'll keep an eye on it. I'm not sure if this could have anything to do with it at all. But he's always been super skinny so someone suggested to worm him with horse ivomec paste. I've never done that before but I had high hopes to show him and I really want him at senior weight and in good condition. I was very nervous he'd have a reaction, I wormed him about month ago and saw nothing. But then I don't exactly remember flipping him over since then :? <br /><br /> -- Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:02 pm -- <br /><br /> So just as fast as he swelled up, he's back down to normal. I'm so confused :shock:

Latest posts

Back