Need help finishing rabbit feet

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
So I've put these feet through the 48 hours of alcohol, 24ish (i was at quirk so they sat an extra 5 hours) in a 15:1 water to borax solution, they should be dry by now, the pic is from last night. My question is what now? Do I sew the tops closed and cap'em?

Perfect timing with this topic... DH has been asked for a couple lucky rabbits' feet by the guys at work, so I've got a jar of them sitting on the counter in alcohol right now! :p

alforddm":3mi91bcv said:
I use a super strong gel super glue or something similar.
alforddm, I'm guessing epoxy is equivilant to super strong gel super glue?

Any recommendations for end caps? I was going to pick up some jingle bells at the local craft store, but not sure what size to aim for (I'm guessing you want a snug fit, but I won't be able to measure until they're dry). Also, not sure if there might be prettier alternatives. I'm sure the guys won't care, but I like things to look pretty. :oops:

If you can find tassel end caps, those work really well. They need to be about 15mm inside. If you have small feet then oval 12mm id ones will work but it's a tight fit. I've ordered from aliexpress a few times successfully.

I use jingle bells and pry them open, then I use clear Gorilla Glue on the top where the bone is exposed. Not a ton because the glue expands 3X what you apply. Put the bell on like a little helmet and let dry, wipe of any glue that leaks through. I add a jump ring to the top of the bell and then add tiny lobster clasps or keyrings depending on what I am using them for. Here is a batch I finished today. I get the bells off Amazon. I think these are 3/4" ones.

29541169_1994822314170292_1152905859338573604_n.jpg

RebelScumHan":1aawjw4n said:
I use jingle bells and pry them open, then I use clear Gorilla Glue on the top where the bone is exposed. Not a ton because the glue expands 3X what you apply. Put the bell on like a little helmet and let dry, wipe of any glue that leaks through. I add a jump ring to the top of the bell and then add tiny lobster clasps or keyrings depending on what I am using them for. Here is a batch I finished today. I get the bells off Amazon. I think these are 3/4" ones.

29541169_1994822314170292_1152905859338573604_n.jpg

Awwww those are kinda cute!

I got my feet finished, I used E600 and glued the loose skin at the top, not the prettiest ever but it worked! Nobody wanted caps which is great cause I couldn't find any that fit lol. I tried I think 11mm or maybe 12 I've thrown the package away and don't remember exactly but they didn't fit, no matter how much I squeezed or pushed they just weren't going in

Latest posts

Back