Yesterday was a very strange day. . . .

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shea

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I can't really describe how I felt by the end of the day but it started out like this. .

Excited for a Valentines day litter! Anxiously waiting for their arrival, tracking down some willow twigs for momma 'cause she had seemed a little distressed.
image.php

All present and healthy when I stopped back for my lunch break.

Then an hour before my work day ended, this happened. . . .
20180214_141611.jpg

A house exploded on Main street. The shockwave was so bad I thought part of our roof had collapsed originally. Or that it was the gas station or fuel depot that had gone. Those working down near it thought a train had derailed. . .

The explosion registered at a 5 on the Richter scale.
Two houses are just gone, another is just a burned out husk. Windows blown out all down the street. So far determined to be a natural gas explosion.

Somehow
Nobody died. The family had left earlier to run errands, the neighbors were out, no one was driving past when it blew. . .
Took forever to get home.

Turned on the news and found there had been another school shooting. . . .

Ash Wednesday
Valentines Day
Popples
Explosion
Shooting. . . .

I just kinda checked out after all that.

They are a continual bright spot. Itd have been devastating to loose them on top of everything else.
Do to my work schedule I drive by the scene 4 times a day. To watch it change from the rescue crews and investigators to the neighbors all pitching in to help them salvage what they can and start the clean up.

Back