Register

I guess I don't love my rabbits any more.

Off-topic Discussions, Member News, Funny Stories and Jokes.
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 3,170.00

I guess I don't love my rabbits any more.

Post Number:#1  Unread postby a7736100 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:32 pm

This morning I couldn't bring me out of bed to feed and water them even after they spent the night in deep freeze. Finally took care of them after 11. When I had my first rabbit I was out several times in the middle of the frozen night to make sure she was not too cold.

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 33,661.00

Re: I guess I don't love my rabbits any more.

Post Number:#2  Unread postby ladysown » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:48 pm

nothing to do with LOVE ... has everything to do with your knowledge base...you know they'll be fine
ladysown

http://athomepets.weebly.com/
Primary Blog : http://athomepets.weebly.com/at-home-pets-blog.html
Old Blog: blogs/athomepets/

1 year of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 2,765.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby KimitsuKouseki » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:51 am

I agree with ladysown. Latelly I've been going to give em food and water both morning and evening and 3 days in a row I didnt go for the evening one. I was jjust too tired and I knew I'd wait and refill all bowls before leaving the next morning.

2 years of membership2 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 3,865.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby Nymphadora » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:34 am

It might not have anything to do with the rabbits, a7736100. How are you feeling? Are you working more than usual, been having a rough week? Maybe you just need to go easy on yourself... and I don't think the rabbits will be any worse for wear as long as you give them plenty of feed and water to hold them over until the next time you can make it out to them.

Personally, I have been feeding my bunnies twice a day, but the times vary between weekdays (6am mornings) and weekends (9am mornings). They haven't complained yet, as long as I put a little extra feed in on Friday nights! :D

If you do feel that the rabbits are becoming too much work, and you're not enjoying them anymore... maybe it's time to scale back a bit? I don't know how many rabbits you have, but if there's a lot, maybe reducing the herd (meaning less time spent on bunny chores) might make you feel better about them again. :oops:

The following user would like to thank Nymphadora for this post
michaels4gardens, Zass

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 568.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby Dwc77 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:10 pm

Don't love them anymore :lol: I almost hate my rabbit's in the winter! But they are good to me so I do my best to be good to them. I'm soooooooo ready for spring tho :D

Site Supporter
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 31,865.00

Post Number:#6  Unread postby Zass » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:40 pm

Ahh, speaking of which...I'd better go feed the rabbits!! I keep a wonky schedule; my own bunners get water around 3 pm and 3 am in winter. It makes me nervous sometimes though, because it'd be easy for someone to catch me with frozen dishes in the early afternoon, and assume I'm not caring for them just because it's not the schedule most people would follow. :|

What Nymphadora said resonated with me pretty strongly though.
I suffered through a pretty major depression recently; I had to scale way way back when I found the rabbitry chores were weighing on me more and more. Down to just two bunners with no breeding at all for most of a year.

The following user would like to thank Zass for this post
michaels4gardens, Nymphadora

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 9,049.00

Post Number:#7  Unread postby mystang89 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:13 am

I completely agree with lady. I know my rabbits don't drink water much during the day so it gives me time to get other things done and the weather to warm up a bit, maybe get a bit of school done first.