What color is this rabbit?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CeroBlanco

Reaction score
Hi all, I'd like to know the color of the lightest rabbit. This is the litter from which I bought one of my bucks (that is the blue in the photo), so I'd need help to have a more clear idea of my rabbit's genotype. The litter were of six rabbits, two blacks, two blues and two of this unknown color. Sorry for the photo, but I haven't a better one. Thank you in advance!

It looks like either a tortoise or a torted harlequin. the marking at the base of the ear makes me thing its a torted harlequin.

Parent colors? Specific breed or known contributing breeds? You can get blue and black from practically anything depending what it's paired with so the offspring could carry everything under the sun. If you knew the parents were both self we could rule out half the colors rabbits come in. If you knew the breed(s) many have limited recognized colors except maybe a few that have snuck in from common outcrossings or that people are working on. Some of the small breeds though have the genes for most colors that exist even if they aren't recognized.

Sorry for the delay, I read only now. Unfortunately, I don't know the color of parents, in my country the pedigree for rabbits is not common. 95% of the rabbits for sale here are without pedigree, without any rules for the colors. The breed is lionhead, but here is not even recognized. Sad but true.

Latest posts

Back