Colors question Hollands

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozemba

Reaction score
Ok. I've got a VM blue doe bred to a blue tort buck, I was expecting a bunch of blue and maybe blue tort babies.

I got two pink babies and three gray babies, and I'm impatient and wondering what the two pink ones might be. With so much bew in her pedigree I've got no idea what she carries, this is her first litter, he has tort and blue tort in his pedigree as far as the eye can see.

I'm still struggling with these genetics, this might be wrong...

So far I've got doe as: aa-B_-C_-dd-E_-Vv
And I've got buck as: aa-B_-C_-dd-ee-VV

So babies have to be self and dilute
I think one of the babies is blue tort, it's hard to tell at the moment (for me, anyway), and if so she carries non-extension...

So she's: aa-B_-C_-dd-Ee-Vv

... So what could the pink kits be?

Oh ok. I thought they would be darker as newborns. Still hard to see any color on them as 4 day olds.

One of the blues has a lighter pink belly.

I'm very interested in seeing how these kids turn out.

__________ Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:50 pm __________

Yeah, I'm also thinking blue tort, I just didn't expect them to be pink when they were born? Oh well, nice healthy litter for first time mom.

DSC_0407.JPG

DSC_0398.JPG <br /><br /> __________ Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:54 pm __________ <br /><br /> And since I've got this thread going I'm posting the other litter I have too, two harlequins, tricolor, three broken blue(?) torts. Also first time mom, doing great. One of the kits had the scratch, but it's doing very well.

DSC_0394.JPG

DSC_0388.JPG

Pics! And questions!

I've got the blue tort(?) kits and one of them is mottled kinda? Is this something to do with growing baby fur or will it be semi permanent?

IMG_20180125_202617580~01.jpg

IMG_20180125_202610121~01.jpg

IMG_20180125_202446318~01.jpg

... Also I thought they would be more blue.. they are hardly blue, is that normal? <br /><br /> __________ Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:04 pm __________ <br /><br /> Gratuitous picture of the blue cuties... Well one.

IMG_20180125_202649607~01.jpg

Back