I guess I don't love my rabbits any more.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a7736100

Reaction score
This morning I couldn't bring me out of bed to feed and water them even after they spent the night in deep freeze. Finally took care of them after 11. When I had my first rabbit I was out several times in the middle of the frozen night to make sure she was not too cold.

I agree with ladysown. Latelly I've been going to give em food and water both morning and evening and 3 days in a row I didnt go for the evening one. I was jjust too tired and I knew I'd wait and refill all bowls before leaving the next morning.

It might not have anything to do with the rabbits, a7736100. How are you feeling? Are you working more than usual, been having a rough week? Maybe you just need to go easy on yourself... and I don't think the rabbits will be any worse for wear as long as you give them plenty of feed and water to hold them over until the next time you can make it out to them.

Personally, I have been feeding my bunnies twice a day, but the times vary between weekdays (6am mornings) and weekends (9am mornings). They haven't complained yet, as long as I put a little extra feed in on Friday nights! :D

If you do feel that the rabbits are becoming too much work, and you're not enjoying them anymore... maybe it's time to scale back a bit? I don't know how many rabbits you have, but if there's a lot, maybe reducing the herd (meaning less time spent on bunny chores) might make you feel better about them again. :oops:

Don't love them anymore :lol: I almost hate my rabbit's in the winter! But they are good to me so I do my best to be good to them. I'm soooooooo ready for spring tho :D

Ahh, speaking of which...I'd better go feed the rabbits!! I keep a wonky schedule; my own bunners get water around 3 pm and 3 am in winter. It makes me nervous sometimes though, because it'd be easy for someone to catch me with frozen dishes in the early afternoon, and assume I'm not caring for them just because it's not the schedule most people would follow. :|

What Nymphadora said resonated with me pretty strongly though.
I suffered through a pretty major depression recently; I had to scale way way back when I found the rabbitry chores were weighing on me more and more. Down to just two bunners with no breeding at all for most of a year.

I completely agree with lady. I know my rabbits don't drink water much during the day so it gives me time to get other things done and the weather to warm up a bit, maybe get a bit of school done first.

Latest posts

Back