This a scam?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a7736100

Reaction score
Message from:

teamhooblysupport 54 minutes
Dear Hoobly user.We the Hoobly support team wishes to inform you that,we have noticed some fraudulent activities associated with your account and we would like you to verify your account with us.Failure to do so will lead to a permanent closure of your account.Verify your account with us by sending us this info via text......................(240) 470-7508 or email us at [email protected] Your username................? Email address................? password....................? number of ads...............? last login date...............? last renew date...............?

Yes! I've already seen multiple rabbit people say they are getting scamed with this same exact message!

100% a scam. You should NEVER be asked for all that info through text/phone/email. ANYTHING that ever asks for that is always 100% a scam and a poor attempt at scamming too.
Even if they give you a link to verify something, unless you knew it was coming (aka account creation or password change), never use that link. A lot of scammers create a duplicate website that looks like the original. So you want to go through the official website to go verify your informations.

I just wanted to add that any email from hoobly, should have a @hoobly.com email address. Anytime something like this comes from a free accounts such as aol,gmail, or hotmail it's fake. Also watch out for anything that comes from an address like [email protected] The last part of the address ilike.com is the actual server address. The hoobly part of the name (in [email protected]) is actually called a subdomain and you can add as many as you want with as many different names as you want to a server. For example rabbittalk could have subdomains called dogs.rabbittalk.com, peanuts.rabbittalk.com or even facebook.rabbittalk.com They can be anything the owner of the domain name wants it to be.

alforddm":13zvxb7v said:
I just wanted to add that any email from hoobly, should have a @hoobly.com email address. Anytime something like this comes from a free accounts such as aol,gmail, or hotmail it's fake. Also watch out for anything that comes from an address like [email protected] The last part of the address ilike.com is the actual server address. The hoobly part of the name (in [email protected]) is actually called a subdomain and you can add as many as you want with as many different names as you want to a server. For example rabbittalk could have subdomains called dogs.rabbittalk.com, peanuts.rabbittalk.com or even facebook.rabbittalk.com They can be anything the owner of the domain name wants it to be.

Thank you for pointing that out as well, alforddm. Yes, as a general precaution, please do not ever send your email/password and account information back to a message such as this. It is almost certainly a scam.

a7736100, please let me know if you received this message via RabbitTalk, and I will see what can be done on our end if so. I believe (the official) Hoobly is a site like Craigslist, though, right?

Nymphadora":2dfngakk said:
As a new Mod, I agree with the others... it looks like a scam. Did you receive it through RT?

It was a message through hoobly just like a message from someone answering the ad.

Yeah, I actually got 3 scam emails this last set of chinchillas I posted up on hoobly. I think I deleted them all. Not a good way to report things anymore either even though they eliminated conversations switching to just email so that it's all recorded on their message system unless you choose to give up your regular email.

MaggieJ":fmi7mm0t said:
Scams are everywhere, it seems.

I started to treat every stuff that I do not expect as spam, guilty until proven otherwise, my bank account manager needs to call me every time she wants me to read one of her mails :roll:

Back