Late night popple watch!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeaTimeBunnies

Reaction score
Well I have 2 litters due any moment, and it is below freezing outside. So I'm staying up to check for popples every few hours to attempt avoiding popplesicles I already have a setup to shelve the litters when they are born, and now I just need to wait. It's exciting, but I'm also running out of ideas of things to do

why not just bring the moms indoors for the night if its so cold? at least you could rest that way

Well my does are now two days late. Not giving up on them just yet, but I did decide to attempt gently feeling for kit movement and felt nothing. I have a suspicion that I'm not getting kits after all, but I'm not going to give up just yet, because they still technically have time for late litters and I have been fooled before by a small litter

Thats too bad, maybe you should bring em inside after all. I know you said there's no room but maybe in the shower or something. They might be trying to hold em cause they find the weather too cold. I've had a doe do that this year and I ended up losing the litter cause she was 4 days late. Being warm might trigger something in em is all.

I have no idea how I'd go about doing something like that though. Our cats stay in the bathroom during the night, and even if they didn't I don't know how I'd keep them in the tub or how I'd make 2 pens so they don't fight. I'd swap the pens of the indoor rabbits with them, but the indoor rabbits have no winter coat what so ever. It is warmer tonight than it has been the past few nights but it is still only 20°F.

__________ Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:00 am __________

I just remembered that one of my rabbits was recently brought in to make room for the mamas. I could probably swap her with my mini rex. The pen aught to be big enough. I also have a long haired NZ mix that might do ok outside <br /><br /> __________ Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:29 am __________ <br /><br /> So I ask that you please excuse the mess of my rabbit room. I have been out of sorts and kinda depressed lately. Anyway, the white doe is taken care of for the short notice swap, but I'm not sure what to give my mini rex for a nest box. I surprisingly don't have a cardboard box that I could form to fit her needs, and the white doe has the only kitten litter box (it's used as the living room bunny litter box)

Attachments

• IMG_20180104_002232.jpg
    IMG_20180104_002232.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 1,837
  • IMG_20180104_002250.jpg
    IMG_20180104_002250.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 1,837
if you have a couple logs you could wall in a corner. Do add a safety net of some sort to the black cage, the bars seem wide enough that the kits will fall out. At worse that big blue bowl could maybe work as an emergency nest once she's given birth?

I like the log idea. Right now she has an ice cream bucket that I fastened to the wall, but it's easily changed. Here is hoping I do actually get kits out of all this effort. It's day 34 though and not looking very promising <br /><br /> __________ Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:07 pm __________ <br /><br /> Well still no babies. Not even nesting behavior. Tomorrow is day 35 so I will be palpating the does, and if I don't feel anything it's back to the bucks with them

Latest posts

Back