Register

Already a bad day: Final update

A place to vent about what's bugging you. Please keep it civil.
Site Supporter
1 year of membership
BunnyBucks: 711.00

Re: Already a bad day

Post Number:#16  Unread postby Shea » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:36 pm

:) Thats how they quick train draft horses. Less hassel for everyone. Just let the pros show them how its done.

1 year of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 2,809.00

Re: Already a bad day

Post Number:#17  Unread postby TeaTimeBunnies » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:44 am

Well as an update. The little dog is gone. She suddenly regressed all of her training that we had struggled for about two months to achieve. I personally am a much happier person, especially seeing as I am never likely to get along with a small dog. My headaches that I assumed where from school are now gone, and the house no longer smells of pee. My fiance was a bit glum the day we dropped her off at the shelter, but realized how relaxed he truly was the next day. So all around we are physically and mentally better, and par the agreement we made got a puppy two days ago. He is 13 weeks, already has his first round of shots, and personality wise fits right in. He is already pretty much house broke (ONE accident so far because I didn't wake up on time) is working on leash training because of where we live, but doesn't actually need a leash. Already learned his name and comes when he's called...most of the time. He is a couch potato and doesn't really want to do anything but snuggle on the couch (hence the most of the time when called) and will yell at my dog for being too hyper :lol:
So here is little Ryuk doing what he does best
Attachments
IMG_20171212_094152.jpg
IMG_20171212_094152.jpg (172.04 KiB) Viewed 267 times
IMG_20171212_094138.jpg
IMG_20171212_094138.jpg (312.74 KiB) Viewed 267 times
I breed English spot, Mini Rex, Lop mix, Dwarf mix, And Meat mutts
https://teatimebunnies.wordpress.com/

Site Supporter
1 year of membership

Re: Already a bad day: Final update

Post Number:#18  Unread postby Shea » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:49 pm

Cute little boy. :D Lab/pit mix?

1 year of membership

Post Number:#19  Unread postby TeaTimeBunnies » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:55 am

He is a boxer/pit mix. Yesterday we did find a snag though. He is terrified of adult dogs (doesn't matter the size) that bark aggressively at him and he goes terror blind, and sinks his teeth into the first thing that touches him, and will fight tooth and nail until the dogs are at least out of sight. Found this out on our first walk with him yesterday. There are two houses that have dogs that will bark aggressively through the fence, but won't actually do anything once there is nothing between you and them. I only got my fingers nipped passed the first house that has one loud dog, but the second house has a decent pack and he sunk his teeth in my knee while trying to get him passed them. I'm lucky for 3 reasons 1) it was me not the neighbor kid walking with us or my other dog that my fiance was walking (he has never had to leash train before and doesn't know how so I'm teaching him how to teach the dog) 2) I was wearing work jeans so I got bruises instead of broken skin, and finally 3) he is a puppy so it is no where near as bad as it could have been if he was full grown, and we have the time to fix this problem. After seeing that behavior though I believe that before we got him he was attacked by a full grown dog, and we weren't told this because he has no physical evidence of it, but with him still being so young we can still work it out of him. I know that it is terror blindness, because after he calmed down and saw me wounded he was in my face with kisses, while he was crying, and stuck to my side the rest of the day trying to show any kind of possibly affection and moped when I was doing other things. His terror blindness is his only problem so far. I suppose it was too hopefully to have just found the perfect puppy with no flaws :lol:

Site Supporter
1 year of membership

Post Number:#20  Unread postby Shea » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:38 pm

There is such a thing as a flawless puppy?! Never heard of one of those. :D
At least you know now and can work on it. Do you have another walk route you can take in the meantime?

1 year of membership

Post Number:#21  Unread postby TeaTimeBunnies » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:43 pm

I would have to choose the less stressful house to pass if I try to take a different path, because those two houses are exactly on the opposite corners of the block :roll:

Previous