"Dead rabbit" picture thread

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have my first "Dead Rabbit"

She did this while I was busy cleaning trays in other cages. I heard a "thud" and looked up to this. However, she ruined the illusion by rolling back and forth like a little log afterwards, trying to get comfortable.

Dead-Bun (Jan7'17).jpg

She's also got a weird little belly!

I think this fits here... lol. Qwerty playing dead this afternoon. :p
I wonder if you can teach a rabbit to flop on command... "Play dead! Goooood bunny... here's a bite of carrot.."

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQeZMFGsuuE&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Ruby loves to fool me. Lately she's been nearly upside down and I actually have to shake her to wake her up. Scares the crap out of me, I haven't known a rabbit from her breeder to live more than 4 years (they didn't have a good childhood...) and her and her brother are both 5 now. Here she is, taking up the whole nest box. That's a 12x24" box, by the way.

Attachments

• IMG_2153.JPG
    IMG_2153.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 3,996
tumblr_onhvh79zPB1vlx0zao1_r1_540.jpg

my dad texted me one morning that one of my rabbits looked like it was dying

turns out Ten here takes after his dad who frequently finds himself in some serious flop comas

I have seen it a million time but it always makes my heart skip a beat and then it makes me smile because I know they feel so safe and cozy.

Attachments

• deadbun.jpg
    deadbun.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 3,911
  • deadbun1.jpg
    deadbun1.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 3,911
  • deadkit.jpg
    deadkit.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 3,911
After putting Nevada Falls in the quarantine cage for suspected snuffles (ended up just allergies) it may appear that he is actually dead.2017-10-08 16.36.38.jpg
But for all you animal lovers out there hear is picture of him just seconds later extremely annoyed with me for disturbing his sleep :lol: 2017-10-08 16.37.00.jpg
And only a few hours ago my white American doe Destiny made me look twice when I saw this:
2017-10-08 16.37.27.jpg
And seconds later: 2017-10-08 16.37.48.jpg

Nyctra":zyveghu1 said:
A few minutes of grooming, and Puma decided to wallow in self pity and put on a very convincing dead bunny act, laying across the pool net as if he’d been broomsticked and proceeding to be a limp ragdoll as I carried him back to his cage. :lol:
(He really had me worried for a bit...but he acts totally fine now.)
My hypothesis is that Puma was hoping that someone else would enter the room and give the hysterical scream, "Oh my god, you 'did' the wrong one!!"

Yes MaggieJ, almost have a heart attack when I find him on his side, especially with his eyes closed. But rabbits are too adorable not to own one, or two, or three, or more LOL.

Oliver rabbit - none of these rabbit are really dead, they just look dead

It's called the "dead rabbit" picture thread, with quotes, because many an owner has been freaked out and did think their bunny had expired :(

Oliverrabbit":3ucultcd said:
Hi Oliverrabbit, welcome to RabbitTalk (I noticed you're a newer member). :)

This thread is of rabbits that are pretending or playing dead... they are still very much alive, no matter how convincing they seem! So don't worry, there's nothing to be sad about. :D

------

Dood beat me to it! :oops:

These are all so adorable! One time I had a rabbit lay on his back under his feeder with all four legs sticking out. He was eating the pellets sticking through the screen on the bottom of the feeder. :lol:

For a moment I thought this was going to be some sort of horribly morbid thread. Lol thank God its just rabbits laying weird.

OneAcreFarm":3e7itvqs said:
This is the worst....I HATE seeing this.... :roll:

LOL, i can relate to that. Seen mine like that a couple of times, full panic in 1 second. There should be a law for bunnies not to sleep like that :lol:

Latest posts

Back