Himalayan posing practice

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeadowView

Reaction score
The babies are sitting still long enough for posed pictures! So, I thought I'd share some and some thoughts on them. I'll admit, this is mostly as a reference for myself, because I can't seem to keep my thoughts straight. :lol:

qjc3Kad.jpg

Blue Star Delta, right now my keeper. Best length so far. Color is coming in dark, nice potential height to markings. Better sidelines than both of her sisters and a topline that is developing nicely as well. Lower in the shoulders than I'd like, but we'll see how she grows.

iC48Ye5.jpg

Blue Star Capella. Probably the nicest buck in the litter, but honestly my least favorite personality wise. Most likely growing him out. If I like him better than his sire, he'll stay.

iWI1tMA.jpg

Blue Star Helene. Little roundness to her, something I really don't tolerate in my himalayans because it can spiral out of control so quickly. Love how smooth she is, though. Right now I believe I'm moving her along.

LJ70MSl.jpg

Blue Star Pollux. If you asked me two weeks ago I would've told you he's my keeper. He's become a bit round, though, and weaker in the shoulders than I like. Keeping an eye on him, but most likely moving him on.

LyJ1TOZ.jpg

Blue Star Titan. Otherwise has nice potential but he's so short. At this point I still like him better than Pollux, but I'm not really excited about either of them.

5JjAO0h.jpg

Blue Star Prima. I mean. Short and round. Little loaf of bread tbh. Smooth as heck though, again nice potential for markings.

I'm giving one away to a local 4-her and I want to give him something that might show decently when he goes to ARBA shows, I'm thinking I'll give him the choice between 3, 4, and 5. I want him to have options, but I don't want him to go home with an animal that is brood quality and only brood quality. I have a little while to think about it, since they're only six weeks right now. I've been watching closely how they're growing since these lines are very very new to me. Their dam was short and round when we bought her (at eight weeks) and is now just the opposite. She's got weak shoulders, but a nice topline and crazy length.

I have someone looking for a couple brood does, though, so I might hold back Prima and Helene as potentials, and since they can't pick up until AZ State in February, it'll give me a chance to keep an eye on how they grow, and figure out if their dam's growth rate is the exception or the rule. But then the 4-her only has the two lilac bucks as options (which might be better, anyway, since the lilacs are a little less prone to smut than the chocolates...) Oh, I don't know, I guess I'll figure it out when the time comes.

I'm gonna have to keep watching them. I keep flipping back and forth between those two does. I really don't know. Feels weird not knowing lol.

I'm planning on going right now, but I'm not sure if I can afford it. Got some career stuff up in the air right now. If nothing else I'm thinking I'll send my blue doe again. Are you going?

I'm probably going, I need to be working with some more judges. I have three that I definitely want to show (I just need one more leg on the two of them, and the third is a cute jr) and I could maybe throw in a fourth to fill a class if you only send one

I might be able to send two, but my buck has winter butt smut and my other doe is coming off of this litter and I dunno how well she'll recover. But I'll hit you up when it gets a little closer so I know more for sure what I'm doing.

Latest posts

Back