Register

When to provide pellets, water, and remove nest box?

Addressing the special needs of the breeding doe and her kits. Includes nutrition, gestation, nest boxes and materials, and tips to ensure survival of the young.
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 21,197.00

Re: When to provide pellets, water, and remove nest box?

Post Number:#16  Unread postby Marinea » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:37 am

Don't use instant oats, but plain regular Quaker oats are fine. I just add a handful to their big feed bowl.
Bird House Farm
Organic heirloom farming on a small scale

The following user would like to thank Marinea for this post
jenniferlanes

BunnyBucks: 148.00

Re: When to provide pellets, water, and remove nest box?

Post Number:#17  Unread postby jenniferlanes » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:46 am

Marinea wrote:Don't use instant oats, but plain regular Quaker oats are fine. I just add a handful to their big feed bowl.

Thanks, I will pick some up next time I go to the store. Today I noticed a couple of the babies have some poop clumped on their bottoms. I cleaned them up, but should they be separated? Maybe they ate too much kale and spinach? They are acting normally, running around and eating a lot.

-- Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:46 am --

akane wrote:I have pics of little netherland dwarf fluffballs eating grape leaves bigger than them. Sadly photobucket went to hell and even to recover my own pictures I'm going to have to pay to remove ads long enough I can download each one to my own permanent storage. It's just not worth digging through the ads to find anything even with them fairly well organized and memorized.

I noticed that I couldn't see any posts here that used photo bucket. That's frustrating!

Previous