Wound

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forestfinley

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I own a very cute all black holland lop named Finley. He is about 5 months old and is very spoiled! I recently had to go away for a couple days and left him with a trusted friend.

While i was gone she let me know of a small open wound on the back of his neck. This made me freak out a little bit so when I got back i took a look and couldn't figure out what the issue was. He is a very clean bunny and has never had any problems.

I couldn't get the computer to upload the photo of it like i had hoped but it is just a small little scab with some flaking. I cleaned it with a sterile q-tip and a tad of peroxide and neosporin.

Let me know what you guys think!

Thank you so much!!

the back of the neck in that area with thin fur is a rally popular spot to see scabbing from skin mites. i would bet that would be your culprit! they can come in on bedding and in the grass if finley spends any time outside or you use wood shavings in his cage. you can get some topical ivermectin at your local feed store and rub some on the area, then again in two weeks, and it should clear up quickly.

Back