Is this guy a peanut?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenniferlanes

Reaction score
I had a litter born after the doe was placed in the same enclosure as my buck right after his neuter. These guys are 10 days old today, but this guy is so tiny. He doesn't seem malformed. Is there a way to tell a peanut from a runt?

Attachments

• IMG_20171122_070337_666.jpg
    IMG_20171122_070337_666.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 1,487
It's just a runt. Peanuts have small, pointed ears (among other features), while his ears are normal shape & size.

just a runt. Never had a peanut myself but from my research they are disproportionnate and would have normally died by then (minus a few rare exeptions)

SableSteel":1ox5rxn7 said:
It's just a runt. Peanuts have small, pointed ears (among other features), while his ears are normal shape & size.
KimitsuKouseki":1ox5rxn7 said:
just a runt. Never had a peanut myself but from my research they are disproportionnate and would have normally died by then (minus a few rare exeptions)

Thank you. The poor guy didn't make it. The next day he was shriveled looking and barely moving. I tried to keep him warm and went to get some kitten milk replacer, but it was too late. :cry: He must have had some other digestive issues because he was wasting away even after having my doe feed him by himself. The other 5 are healthy and opened their eyes yesterday. <br /><br /> -- Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:45 am -- <br /><br />
ladysown":1ox5rxn7 said:
https://athomepets.weebly.com/at-home-pets-blog/peanuts
Thanks. He did not look like those, but he was so skinny. I found that if I set him on a blanket the would let him feed. I was worried he wasn't able to fight for a spot otherwise, but he still died.

It's what happens to runts sometimes, sorry for your loss but that's how nature works it's course. There's a reason runts exist :/

Latest posts

Back