The strangest color

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimitsuKouseki

Reaction score
Since birth I felt this guy had a weird color. He had a yellow hue to his fur but it wasnt the most obvious thing so I wanted to wait see how it'd progress.
30aywk7.jpg

a bit older, he's definetly yellow but still not clear what's happening
e0pfsg.jpg

And here we are 2 months later and Im still confused. Been using http://www.gbfarm.org/rabbit/holland-colors-matrix.shtml to get ideas of colors when I'm not sure and I've got no clue. I though maybe a chocolate point white since theres no picture for that one but when looking it up the rabbits arent as yellow on the body as my guy. I have him next to his himalayan brother as a control to show how yellow he is.
2dbt47l.jpg

ta3n2t.jpg

303ipvr.jpg

Anyone know what color this is?

My instinct is the say chocolate himalayan with baby frosting. But... I raise himalayans, so who knows.

Chocolate based himmies have more of a cream shade to the white area, even without smut. I used to have some example photos of this, but I can't seem to find them. Might have to take some new ones.

Take that with a grain of salt, though, I'm no color expert.

EDIT: Just ignore me, I wasn't paying attention to eye color. :lol: Either way, he's cute!

MeadowView":25is91ud said:
My instinct is the say chocolate himalayan with baby frosting. But... I raise himalayans, so who knows.

Chocolate based himmies have more of a cream shade to the white area, even without smut. I used to have some example photos of this, but I can't seem to find them. Might have to take some new ones.

Take that with a grain of salt, though, I'm no color expert.

EDIT: Just ignore me, I wasn't paying attention to eye color. :lol: Either way, he's cute!

You're not the only one!
I typed out Chocolate Himalayan with smut of some sort, and noticed eye color at the last minute :lol:

Seems I'm not the only one puzzled by this color XD

The frosty on the matrix seems to have a thicked fur but mine doesnt rly.

Chocolate point or chocolate sable point is probly closest to this?

SableSteel":1i4j1y30 said:
I'd say probably chocolate point (chocolate sable point) for now.
Oh wow even the mighty SableSteel isnt 100% sure (from the way you worded it anyways :secret: ) This means I've really got myself a crazy color XD
This one is going to end up in my plate but maybe I should keep one of this color if a good fluffy one comes out.

Btw since I never mentionned it, these bunnies are crosses between my english angora and my single mane netherland dwarf lionhead mix chocolate otter buck. For some reason even though the mom is a fluffy monster they didnt get fluffy at all exept theblue one :/ and since these 2 didnt get the dwarf gene I didnt sell em for pets so they're basically my personal brand of meatmutt. What a convoluted way of getting meatmutts XD

Latest posts

Back