Register

Death certificate.... signed

A place to vent about what's bugging you. Please keep it civil.
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 2,365.00

Death certificate.... signed

Post Number:#1  Unread postby KimitsuKouseki » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:08 pm

:evil: :badmood: :evil:

So Boulette, one of my bucks, has picked up quite the bad habbit since the summer.
Whenever I aproach the cage, he sprays me. Because of this, he was already on death row. Just waiting for a daughter with the genes I want before I do it. But in my mind his death certificate was already written and approved.
But tonight.... I mean TONIGHT!!! He signed the death certificate himself! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: I am soooooo done with him.... it ended up in my mouth :sick:
I wanted the tricolor genes from his father's bloodline so I wanted a female tricolor double mane from him, but if the 2 girls who give birth in 2 weeks have nothing for me, I'll breed him one last time and off to freezer camp regardless right after that. I am done giving him time, I can get tricolor from Pipo + Layla or Bigmama, proven since theres 2 in the current litters one of wich is double mane too. If it's female I'll keep it just in case.

Though, I think this is the first time I definetly wont be willing to eat one of my rabbit. I'm just so pissed at him and feel sick thinking about anything else from him entering my body. So I'll most likelly sell his meat.

Site Admin
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 58,828.00

Re: Death certificate.... signed

Post Number:#2  Unread postby MaggieJ » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:18 pm

Not nice at all! :o

You and Ferra sure do have your problems with those spraying bucks. :cry:

1 year of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 2,451.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby Nymphadora » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:38 pm

Yikes! Short of one of my does peeing over the side of her tray once, I haven't had any pee-related problems with the buns yet. But I certainly don't envy you that buck. :sick:

Site Supporter
3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 14,150.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby alforddm » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:44 pm

My very first buck was a sprayer. He got me in the mouth. :sick: Thankfully, my Rex buck was a good boy and I've not had a spayer since.

1 year of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 2,485.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby shazza » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:48 pm

my bucks only seem to spray when they're in the tractor on their day to run around, or when i put a doe in x: i feel lucky

though i had a particularly nasty buck, he was very flighty and aggressive. he was mean to me, and he would randomly freak out when i came near him and try to kill himself running into the sides of his cages, and he refused to breed if he could see me (though when i went hide he was an excellent breeder and that's the only reason he stayed around for the 6 months or so i had him.) one day he was doing his thing where he freaks out and screams and i have to grab him and hold him down so he chills out, and he startled one of my other rabbits, causing her to break a toe. i was done at that point. poor doe only HAD the one toe on that foot, and now it was broken :( i decided nope, you're done.

i will say - and you might find, if you decide to try it - that eating him felt like the sweetest victory. best gumbo i've had yet :)
mini lop, standard rex, meat mutts
tumblr: @babbits | facebook: @frithyeer.rabbits | ig: @frithyeerfarm

United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 1,336.00

Post Number:#6  Unread postby Ozarkansas » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:56 pm

Oooh, that is bad! :sick: I have never been sprayed in the face, let alone eyes or mouth. But a buck would have to be a pretty special buck to stay any longer than 10 minutes if he did that to me :evil:
Ozarkansas Rabbit Farms
Raising quality purebred Americans, Beverens, Dutch, and Palominos for meat, show, and pet.
htpp://www.ozarkansasrabbits.com

BunnyBucks: 190.00

Post Number:#7  Unread postby Shea » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:26 pm

:yeahthat: He would have long since been dinner, special genes or not.

United States of America
BunnyBucks: 1,072.00

Post Number:#8  Unread postby Maleficent » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:16 pm

Haven't been sprayed myself but my eager 3.5ish monthboy sure got excited when he got his own cage NEAR a mature doe. Did a binky and sprayed her along her side. Poor girl just glared at him and cleaned up. XD

Site Supporter
1 year of membership
Canada
BunnyBucks: 723.00

Post Number:#9  Unread postby Ferra » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:20 pm

MaggieJ wrote:Not nice at all! :o

You and Ferra sure do have your problems with those spraying bucks. :cry:

No kidding... my perpetrator is still around - but that's because I have a few animals to send off to camp soon, and I figure it's easier to do that as a batch so that I only have to clean my processing station once. Dude has been a real jerk, though. There is a reason his second name is "Butt-fa-say" (Scrubs joke) Then one of my does decided to bite my husband while he was caring for them during my trip to Arizona. She's leaving now, too! :evil:

Those two really made it easy to "find the space" for the new Angoras... Who, for the record, have been exceptionally well mannered. :D

Though they have found other ways to er, provoke an emotional reaction from me during their quarantine period. One of them is being really picky about his food, so I'm worried sick about him and am instituting a "wool block" protocol as a precaution. The other is showing just a hint of a wet nose, and likewise, worrying me sick. (But the third is just being a little rock-star of a doe. She's settled right in and is completely un-phased by the crazy transition). These crazy little Floofs are going to be the death of me someday! :shock:

EDIT: Oh! look at that! I got a swirly-star. Huzzah!

Site Supporter
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 9,232.00

Post Number:#10  Unread postby Random Rabbit » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:28 am

We have a buck that is a "sprayer". He lives in a lower level cage. Were he Not as valuable as he is...genetics and quality of his young.... he would be gone.
Sometimes....not always, but sometimes... giving a buck a small stuffed animal (one that can be washed every so often) will redirect their energy away from the spraying.
Some also will out-grow it.
It depends just what value the buck has to Your herd.
Jersey Woolies
CM Homestead
https://www.facebook.com/cmhomestead

Canada Female

Post Number:#11  Unread postby KimitsuKouseki » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:37 pm

thanks everyone for the support. I'll butcher him in 2 weeks after his last mating time. He is in a lower lvl cage since summer, but cause of my winter bowls system my head was inside the cage....
He's only as usefull as me feeling like I'd be wasting a bloodline since the "tricolor" can be obtained by other means aka I have a 2 weeks old double mane tricolor in Pipo's and Bigmama's litter right now. So if no daughter comes from him I'll just stick to my overzealous Pipo and Awesome mother Bigmama. Whats sad is that he was a special cross I did to get the genes from my friend's best holland lop buck named Rainbow and Rainbow has passed away 3 days ago and Boulette is the only blood relative we have left between my friend and I.
Also, to me, not eating an animal who's been processed for meat is a sign of disrespect towards the animal. All those people saying "omg how can you eat rabbit" and being picky when a plate of it is placed in front of em. I feel like they are commiting the worst sin they could towards the animal. Unless they are vegetarian of course..... So that said, I still refuse to eat him. :evil:

Site Admin
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 58,828.00

Post Number:#12  Unread postby MaggieJ » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:42 pm

Any chance your friend would take Boulette to replace Rainbow?

Also, been wondering . . . My French isn't wonderful, but isn't the ette ending to a name feminine? What does Boulette mean?

Canada Female

Post Number:#13  Unread postby KimitsuKouseki » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:44 pm

She has 2 does that are potentially pregnant from him, if it turns out false she'll use him but unlike me she tries to do holland purebred so he's not that great for her.... that and she doesnt fancy the idea of getting sprayed on either.

Yes normally its a feminine name trait, the word itself is feminine, but when Boulette was born I wasnt expecting to keep him, I wanted his sister, but she died. By that time I had already started calling him Boulette and when he was old enough to sex and he turned out male it was too late to change the name since I was so used to it. And why Boulette? I seriously dont know, just one of those times where the name just happens even though it's weird/silly/makes no sense. I'm sure many people have named some of their animals in a similar fashion.
As for what it means... boulette isnt normally used on its own, it's used in many cases in place of the word "ball" but "ball" literally translates to "balle", original I know. Maybe the meaning is closest to "a small ball"? So here's a couple exemples where boulette is used : "a meatball" = "une boulette de viande" "a mudball" = "une boulette de terre glaise"
Most comonly used in the meatball sentence. I'm not fond of french to be honest. The best sounding language to me is japanese even if I dont speak it and the best to speak is english. Me silly I know...

__________Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:44 pm __________

So in the end I decided to butcher Boulette today. BigMama and Pipo's double mane tricolor baby is female and in Chichi and Boulette's litter there a double mane harlequin girl so I decided that was good enough until I see what I have from the other 2 litters Boulette sired due in 2 weeks.
I go to pick him up and he's facing away from me so just in case I put my hand forward to block anything that might happen and what do you know..... I got sprayed.

You know you're making the right decision when the very reason you're culling them happens right asyou go to pick them up for culling. He will be in the freezer with the first ever name tag on the bag. Something I normally dont do but I still refuse to eat him so I need to know wich bag is him to be sure I dont eat him by mistake. Literally makes me sick to think anything of is would enter my system again.