Big news!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shea":39izvyib said:
That is a beautifull looking piece! Those Kreg Jigs open a Lot of doors for the everyday person. Did you angle the table legs or is that just the picture?
Thank you! Yes, I am loving that little Kreg Jig... a worthwhile investment, in my opinion. The table legs aren't angled out from the table top lengthwise, but that base does widen a bit towards the bottom. Hence why it may look a bit more angled in the photo.

alforddm":39izvyib said:
I think I'm going to show this one to hubby (and may steal it). Seems like a fairly simple but really nice table. Thanks for sharing!
By all means, it was a joy to put together (minus the pinching of fingers, of course)! This was our first big build project (that had to look pretty), and I’m pretty impressed with the results.

The original plans for the table are on Ana White’s blog (http://www.ana-white.com/2013/09/plans/4x4-truss-beam-table), and we only modified it a tiny bit. We lengthened the long center beams of the base and the table top boards slightly so we could fit at least 10 people at this table. And then widened it just a hair (milling down five 2x10 boards to 2x8.5) so we had a little extra width (since we lengthened it, we didn’t want it to look narrow… I’m all for proportions). I can add our exact dimensions once I get home and have a chance to measure, if you'd like. Towards the end of construction we decided to ditch the center angled beams in the original plans, because although they look good, we preferred the simple style of the table without them.

I’m happy to share any knowledge I can on how we built this table, so please feel free to ask as many questions as you want (and I’ll update the pictures once the final coats of poly are on)! :grin:

Back