Doe is 32 days pregnant...no kindling yet....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FluffyBuns

Reaction score
Hello, was just wondering what other suggestions people had to help move things along. My doe is now almost 33 days along and I have given her parsley today(how much can she have in a day???) and let the buck sit with her a while and mount her a couple times, she has also drank some water with dissolved tums tablet in it. Right now I have her in her indoor pen letting her hop around a bit in hopes the activity stimulates something. Thanks!

are you 100% sure she's pregnant? can you palpate her and feel kits inside? has she been nesting/haystashing? it's not unusual for does, especially new does, to go a little over their due date, but you must always be prepared for her to NOT be pregnant. since you let the buck mount her - are you prepared for kits in 31 more days if she wasn't? lol

it sounds like you're on the right track. exercise, stimulation from a buck, and herbs can all help. i think lavender is the most "potent" of herbs to kick-start labour, and a little goes a long way. i've heard parsley works too, but i have always just used lavender so i'm not sure how much you'd need. tums are good to help replenish calcium during pregnancy, but it doesn't really help them start labour from what i understand.

but really...patience is the biggest thing! if she seems alright and not in a lot of distress, has built a nest and is acting fine, she'll probably be ok!

Yep, I feel at least 2 kits inside, kicking and wiggling about. And yes I'd be ready for another set of babies in 31 days if she got pregnant again ;) I have a huge list of people wanting one of her babies! Do you know how much parsley she can have? I unfortunately could not find any lavender. <br /><br /> -- Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:42 pm -- <br /><br /> Oh, and yes she did make a nest with hay and fur in it a few days ago, but does keep altering it a bit daily.

I can't think of anything more you could be doing.

Patience! Lots of does go over the average time -- and 31 days IS an average -- so as long as she seems fine, just hang in there a few more days.

Above all, leave that nest box in. I hate it when someone posts "I decided she wasn't pregnant so I pulled the nest box. She kindled on the wire and they all died." It's happened more times than I care to remember.

Do you by any chance know how much parsley is too much? And I am trying to be patient, but it's so hard! :x lol

Exercising patience builds character! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

If your bun is accustomed to ample greens on a regular basis, you could give her a bit more parsley than usual. I've never used it for this purpose (I must have more patience than I thought! Can't wait to inform my family! :lol: ) but it is considered a safe food for rabbits. It is rabbits who are fed a mainly commercial diet that may have trouble with a sudden increase in greens.

I generally slow down on greens before birth and start feeding "old fashioned oatmeal" to my expecting mothers. Seems to help hold down on the mess a little and help with milk production. After they have their kits, a week or so, I slowly start the greens again for mamma + oatmeal.

edit: can' speal :oops:

Over the course of two days one of my does got a whole bundle of parsley. We weren't trying to jump start anything, just trying to boost her calcium because she wasn't eating much. It didn't hurt her, but she gets greens on a very regular basis.

Thanks for all the info everyone! My angora gave birth to 2 healthy baby bunnies early this morning. :)

Back