Color help?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maleficent

Reaction score
Any guesses for colors on these guys? In some pics it's more obvious then other's, but they all have scattered silvery fur on their rumps. Dad was a black otter that threw at least one silver marten once and mom was a silver marten.

74iiO5d.jpg

89PXAgi.jpg

Sj7MYGGh.jpg

FDL6apsh.jpg

White in the ears is definitely Silver Marten. Scattered white/silver hairs on the sides and rump are desired in the Silver Marten breed.

Tan based, it is common for kits to have stray brown or white hairs. I cannot tell if they are otters or martens from these pictures

Otters will have brown in their white trimmings

I just realized this post was in the wrong spot. I thought I posted it in the color section. Confusing. But so far I am not seeing any hints of brown or tan along the edges of their markings. I'll try to get some belly shots in the morning.

In the mean time if a mod or admin comes across this please move to the right section. ^^;

__________ Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:55 am __________

aFLUEEk.jpg

ukLz7U5.jpg

kHG30xQ.jpg

PSPy4fB.jpg

xnWn0nN.jpg

I'm pretty sure one of these guys had their picture taken more then once

:lol: What are the chances of a full litter of silver martens from an otter and a marten?

Looks silver marten to me

Maleficent":7u4tzq6o said:
:lol: What are the chances of a full litter of silver martens from an otter and a marten?
If the otter carries marten: For a litter of 1: 50%. Litter of 2: 25%. Litter of 3: 12.5%. and on

Ok, I got to looking at the boogers in better lighting and one is for sure an otter. It has light toffee colored rims on its ears and the triangle behind its ears has turned more brown since these pictures. If I had to guess from the original set of pictures it would be the third one down as even there you can see the faint hint of brown behind its ears. The others all have silver colored triangles behind their ears.

Latest posts

Back