Weird lump thing

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleFluffyBunnies

Reaction score
So here I am once again with a strange rabbit problem :|

My 2 year old doe(currently has a 3 week old litter) was slightly off feed a couple days ago. She seemed to be eating fine yesterday again. Today, slightly off. I went to get her out of the cage and she growled a ton at me, extremely unlike her. I noticed she seemed slightly bloated so I palpated her to see if I could find anything out of the ordinary. Besides for the slight bloating(stomach is still soft, not balloon-like), I found a strange, rock-hard thing in her abdomen on the left side. It was shaped kind of like a dumbell :? It was very hard too.
So honestly I have no idea what to think. Am I feeling something normal I never noticed before, or are my suspicions correct that this is weird? I tried to feel if the thing was in an organ but I couldn't tell. I gave her some lettuce in case it is a blockage and she ate that. I also raked under her cage so I can watch and make sure she's pooping.
Any ideas?

With kits that age I would be very wary of mastitis, though you said IN the abdomen, which doesn't seem to describe it, so it may be something else.

Yes I've felt mastitis lumps before, but this thing is definitely IN the abdomen. It's quite high up, left side, and right in between the ribs and the "knee" in location. I will double check around her teats in case it is related to mastitis though.

Latest posts

Back