recycling old bed frames

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dilyspr

Reaction score
As a DIY person, I'm always trying to recycle or reuse something. An old twin bed frame (preferably wood) makes a great frame for a double hutch. Since I don't want the hutch so low to the ground, I raise the legs up with 4x4's anchored well to the existing legs. I have some scrap timber lying around the I use to build onto the bed frame and to make a divider. While I'm in the building process, old feed sacks are great for anchoring to the top to keep it dry until I'm finished. After seeing my various hutches I built, a friend of mine watches out for old bed frames for me now. LOL.

If anyone else has ideas, I would love to hear them!

Have a great day everyone!
Dianne

Sarnia,
I sure will! I'll take a pic and post it shortly. Thanks for reading my post!

Sincerely,
Dianne

We just recently built a tumbling compost bin with some 2x4's and an old food storage bin (we got them cheap from a guy who's in the restaurant business and can't reuse them after a certain time).
[album]3797[/album]

I love the idea of using old bedframes though... they'd probably work great as raised garden beds, too! I'll have to ask my neighbors to keep an eye out during the various garage sales in our area... :oops:

Back