Possible Dutch Colors

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maleficent

Reaction score
As you guys may know I have a couple of Dutch now. I currently have 2:1 males to female ratios which is kind of not needed. As the blue mismarked doe is my only option for a female at the moment as I could not get a hold of another blue doe at the show I went to. I have her housed with a male the same age as her. The male she is currently housed with is also a mismarked only Grey.

I was just wondering what color possibilities I could get if I bred the blue doe to the grey. If I am correct if she was bred to my black buck I should either get more blacks or blues.

Mainly asking for one of those in case moments where if the Grey buck got her before she was put in with the black buck. I was hoping for a for sure you could tell who fathered who type of situation.

Dutch get a bit complicated because of hidden steel possibilities so you wouldnt be able to tell who the father is. Most likely if the babies are gray, the father is the gray but not always (hidden steel agouti blue dam carrying non extension bred to a true black buck for example). But do not cross blues and grays, the babies will carry opal which is unrecognized.

As I am currently breeding the Dutch for meat and pelt until I get a better female besides my mismarked doe I would not be to opposed to Opal babies. It would be a nice pelt to tan. <br /><br /> __________ Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:02 am __________ <br /><br /> I got my boy's pedigree in the mail today, looking through it I contained mostly black with some tort mixed in. What are the chances of my new breeding age unpedigree doe and him throwing torts as well if it is possible? As I do not know her background outside of her being older I don't know what colors she is hiding/carrying. The doe is blue

If you are talking about the black buck it all depends on what the doe is carrying.
The only definite outcome is black. The buck and the doe would have to carry tort. If they both do you will get approximately 25% torts in the litter.
If the buck carries blue you could get blue and possibly blue tort if they both carry it.

Latest posts

Back