Meals On Wheels----Rabbitry

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish this was one of those permanent threads! I look it up all the time and have shared this with many rabbitosis sufferers over the years since it was posted.

owlsfriend":3gm6wep7 said:
I wish this was one of those permanent threads! I look it up all the time and have shared this with many rabbitosis sufferers over the years since it was posted.

I'll ask about stickying it, but "super cool rig" isn't part of the normal selection criteria... things get stickied because they will be of regular use to our members, and so far, even though everyone froths at the mouth with envy, no other members have actually built one. ;)

Why don't you just bookmark it? Then you can pull it up from your bookmarks menu anytime. :)

Fire Man, spent an enormous amount of time on his project before he even
started. I don't know this for a fact, but just look at the detail.

You couldn't put one together any better. (I know I couldn't..LOL)

It all fits so neatly together. GREAT JOB!!

Grumpy.

grumpy":27co1dql said:
Fire Man, spent an enormous amount of time on his project before he even
started. I don't know this for a fact, but just look at the detail.

You couldn't put one together any better. (I know I couldn't..LOL)

It all fits so neatly together. GREAT JOB!!

Grumpy.

Thanks Grumpy!! I did do some measuring before I got started---Alot of measuring, drawing/plans----LOL. Anything I build seems to come out better when I got a Good Plan.

Hello Everyone---I been gone a while---being honest I am on the computer alot, but I have other things that has drawn my interest----Chickens, Incubating, etc---LOL. I built a cabinet incubator and hatcher---Most of the material I used I had laying around. At this time I have about 600 chickens, 60 chicken pens with alot of different breeds, 30 brooder pens(10 heated). I have hatched close 2000 chicks in the last few months with almost 300 eggs in the incubator as I type this. I sell most--only keep some of the new breeds I hatch.

Someone sent me a e-mail last night asking about the "meals-on-wheels"---wanting to know if I would do anything different----The only thing I would do different if I had to start over is -----build it a few years earlier instead of waisting my time with other rabbiteries I had built. As far as doing anything different---I can not think of a thing. I did add some shelves up high above the cages to store extra feeders---rabbit things. I still use it and I still Love it-----It has made raising rabbits so simple when it comes to their waste/clean-up. I just had a litter of Dutch born---I brought a few Dutch in to sell as pets. I still got my californians and new zealands--I sell a few and we eat rabbit alot. I ground and stuffed link rabbit sausage about a year or so ago for the first time----MERCY that is some GOOOOOOD Stuff----so now we mainly eat rabbit in "rabbit bog" and stuffed sausage. The stuffed sausage looks like fresh pork sausage as far as size but a lighter color. I do mix in a little pork fat with the rabbit. We have carried some of the rabbit sausage to a Auction we attend regulary and let anyone that wanted to try it----They all loved it---You all should try it---LOL. Someone asked if I wanted to sell them some---I said it would be expensive----I asked them---You ever deboned a rabbit---thats work---LOL---But it is worth it.

I will stop back in and read what I been missing----got to go feed some chickens and some rabbits!

EnglishSpot":1eb89zfg said:
It is an outstanding rabbitry and I wanted to say thank you for sharing it!! You inspire us all!!
Thanks So Much for the "Flowers"!! I Love Doing/building things and when I do something that helps so much in "making It Easier" I like to Share---No I Don't----I LOVE to share! Thats why I took the time to take pictures in stages---so most could copy if they wanted. I allow some to tour my farm and it Makes me Smile when I see them a week or two later and they say ""I built this or that like you got"". I be so pleased that the Little things I build/do that do not seem to be hardly anything----inspired them so much that they go home and get busy. I do not Drink----Helping/doing is where I get my "HIGH" and Little comments Like you and others give me---Just keeps me going!!!
Anyway I can help any of you---Let me know!! Merry Christmas

Any word on how things are with your meal on wheels barn?

I would like to know the size of frame that you used please.

very nice, got me thinking about building one for myself now.

Well, a Update---Its been close 5 years since I built the Meals On Wheels----It has been 5 easy years of raising rabbits---I am still using it-----only 6 breeders in it right now. Even got the same blue tarp on the sides I figured would not last a year or so. I will Have To Say, I still Love it and can not think of a thing I would Change.

I got into chicken raising---67 chicken pens, with over 1000 growing out at times, hatched over 10,000 chicks, But I am about stopped with the chickens---the bird-flu scare just messed things up. Now I have about 100 I am growing out to adult size---about 40 of those are about ready---I have 2 more groups behind those---they will be ready to in a couple months---then I am going to settle down with about 1 dozen layers. I think I will process the rabbits and not raise any until we need more meat---maybe a couple years. I have rabbit in jars in the pantry as well as a lot in the freezers. I will not sell the rabbitery though---keep it for future usage. About 40 of my chicken pens are made using 10x10x6ft tall chain-link dog kennel panels---I might decide to sell some of them.

Even though I am about stopped with the chicken raising now----I hope I will see the day that I can get back into it HEAVY--with a goal of about 5000 raising to layers----that was where I was going before all the Mess from the bird-flu scare got started.

OK---I see the original pics of the Meals-On-Wheels are not showing anymore----I will see if I can figure out how to post a couple pics if anyone has a interest.

Oh, my new hobby is setting limb-lines for Catfish---bought a new boat and started setting some hooks a couple months ago---I just Love it---But I got a freezer full of catfish now to eat--All the Family has had their fill on them---kids have a lot in their freezer---I talked about catch and release---all the bream fishermen say NO---feed them to the Buzzards---LOL---don't release. Wildlife doesn't want them released---no one wants the catfish after I get them home, unless I filet them and cut them into nuggets---LOL---Naw!!

-- Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:19 pm --

Can you post a pic without having to use Photo Bucket?

Attachments

• Rabbit3 005.JPG
    Rabbit3 005.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 4,127
  • Rabbit3 012.JPG
    Rabbit3 012.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 4,126
  • Rabbit3 010.JPG
    Rabbit3 010.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 4,126
Yes, you just have to go to the full editor and upload an attachment

You can also use imgur (an alternative to photo bucket)

Fire-man you are my kind of dude :lol: raising rabbits, chickens and love cat fishing! I feel like we are old friends lol. O and is that a 2" or 2 5/16" hitch :mrgreen: :beer2:

Dwc77":13vvkgyk said:
Fire-man you are my kind of dude :lol: raising rabbits, chickens and love cat fishing! I feel like we are old friends lol. O and is that a 2" or 2 5/16" hitch :mrgreen: :beer2:

Its a 2 5/16 but it would have to be air-lifted(LOL) because of the tree damage from the Hurricane that I have never completely cleared----yet.

Does anybody have the full size photos of this Meals On Wheels project? I only found the small 3 pictures posted in this thread but it seems to be missing the original photobucket images. If you have them please message me and I can send you my direct email address. Thanks.

Back