Do you prefer your rabbit to taste like rabbit?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you prefer your rabbit to taste like rabbit?
Yes I Do!!!

My feelings on the subject is, if a rabbit had to die to make my meal then, the meal should taste like the poor rabbit. I've always favored simple recipes. Two of my favorites are, rabbit 'n dumplings and a recipe from the ARBA cookbook. I think it was called Canadian rabbit stew. The book is in the back of my storage shed, what I remember is it is the stew recipes that uses flour to thicken the broth. Man I just loved putting a bunny in the pot and putting it on simmer. It filled the kitchen with the delicious smell of cookin' rabbit.

PS. It annoys me when someone says that rabbit taste like chicken. Ok, maybe the closest 'normal' meat is chicken, but a rabbit has so many other subtle flavor differences from chicken.

SarniaTricia":3nkjy53r said:
(we have found a pasture raised beef operation with quality beef and I am still on the hunt for pork, but might have to wait for the farm for that)

Maybe we can get you on the cuy train. Those cute little guinea pigs do taste quite a bit like pork.

Hey Ghost!
If I switch my dog and cats to raw feed, I will definitely be considering guinea pigs!
I have gotten a bit of a following for my rabbit meat at the Amherstburg Farmers Market, so I don't get to eat a lot of my own rabbits any more, so I would need another source for the raw feed diet..... it would be many years in the future... If someone presented me with a cuy stew, I'd be "in"... I love trying new things!

Latest posts

Back