Christmas Breeding?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oscar

Reaction score
I was thinking about rebreeding my doe to replace a baby I recently gave away since she passed away, but I don’t want to get stuck with a whole litter, do people buy rabbits at this time of year? I am kinda just experimenting at this point when works and when doesn’t.

Depends on your location. In TX they do. Idk about Colorado. If I was you I would find a local breeder to ask.

I’m still deciding if this is for sure what I want to do or not yet, but I changed my mind on breeding again and decided I might sell the mom and dad bunnies, and my chickens, that’s the only way that I will be able to get another horse, and I know people are going to be like “Why do you want another horse.” And the truth behind it is my horse isn’t going to be young forever, and the one I was looking into getting was a baby and right now I need an SAE more than pets(I really didn’t like our chickens anyway)

Even if you breed your doe right away, the kits will only be about one month old by Christmas -- far too young to sell. People who buy pets as holiday or birthday gifts -- especially rabbits -- often do so on a whim without considering they will have care of the animal for quite a few years. It doesn't bode well for the animal's happiness and well-being.

I know, my mom nags me about selling them early and it’s a constant fight to be able to keep them until the right age, so I’m tired of fighting. My mom just won’t stop. How much would you sell a one and a half year old buck and doe?

Again, sales are all about your location and the market in your area. I don't think many people can tell you what to do, but only say what they would do. For instance, in my area, a proven semi-young Holland Lop would go for $75 as a breeder, probably $50 as a pet. These are non pedigreed and not show-able. You seem like you may be in a hurry to get them gone, and if that's the case I would list them at close to bottom price and advertise it as basically that. You will still get some people trying to negotiate with you but it will likely not be as bad, and you will have it pretty cheap already to hopefully get a quick sale. Just my advice, I hope it all works out and you can enjoy the new horse:)

Latest posts

Back