Register

Help Me With My Logic Paper

Off-topic Discussions, Member News, Funny Stories and Jokes.
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 231
Joined: September 5, 2013
Location: Kansas
United States of America Female
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 6 in 5 posts
BunnyBucks: 1,351.00

Help Me With My Logic Paper

Post Number:#1  Unread postby bunnychild » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:33 pm


So I am taking a logic class (lots of work but very fun) in college and my professor just assigned us a 7 - 10pg analytic paper. We need to find a topic with lots of debate over it. I am thinking about writing about whether or not rabbits should be in cages. I need articles from both sides so if you know of some great sources please send them my way :)
Breeder gone to the Pet Side

1 year of membership
User avatar
Posts: 418
Joined: May 3, 2017
Location: Dresden, TN
United States of America Female
Thanks: 11
Thanked: 21 in 21 posts
BunnyBucks: 2,809.00

Re: Help Me With My Logic Paper

Post Number:#2  Unread postby TeaTimeBunnies » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:35 pm


I don't have any sources for you, but it might be easier to find sources if you do a topic like if rabbits should be on solid or wire floor. Just a suggestion though. I hear that argument WAY more often than if they should be caged. Again though, just a suggestion. Good luck with your paper!!
I breed English spot, Mini Rex, Lop mix, Dwarf mix, And Meat mutts
https://teatimebunnies.wordpress.com/

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 231
Joined: September 5, 2013
Location: Kansas
United States of America Female
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 6 in 5 posts
BunnyBucks: 1,351.00

Re: Help Me With My Logic Paper

Post Number:#3  Unread postby bunnychild » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:41 pm


TeaTimeBunnies wrote:I don't have any sources for you, but it might be easier to find sources if you do a topic like if rabbits should be on solid or wire floor. Just a suggestion though. I hear that argument WAY more often than if they should be caged. Again though, just a suggestion. Good luck with your paper!!

Good point! I have seen people get offended over wire floors and cages.
Breeder gone to the Pet Side

2 years of membership2 years of membership
Posts: 39
Joined: October 1, 2016
Location: Melbourne
Australia Female
Thanks: 7
Thanked: 5 in 4 posts
BunnyBucks: 245.00

Re: Help Me With My Logic Paper

Post Number:#4  Unread postby Catherine99 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:42 am


It Australia issue mainly but could argue for and against use of K5 for the control rabbits.

Site Supporter
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 713
Joined: February 15, 2014
Location: Austria
Austria
Thanks: 93
Thanked: 216 in 171 posts
BunnyBucks: 3,932.00

Re: Help Me With My Logic Paper

Post Number:#5  Unread postby Preitler » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:36 am


bunnychild wrote:Good point! I have seen people get offended over wire floors and cages.


Imho that is more a european thing, here there was a long fight of ARAs against chicken in laying cages, over time anything with wire floor and wire cages became kind of synonym for animal cruelty.
You may find arguments about that on british sites. Most pretty uninformed, I would say.

I was quite baffled when I came here and saw rabbits on wire floors in wire cages, but knowing the problems of our old style solid floor wood hutches I see the advantages, and knowing how adaptable rabbits are I consider them a good alternative.

One thought that crosses my mind - our farm meat mutts thrived in not very steril :x conditions for many generations, I was warned that my rabbits will die of cocci and stuff if I let them on the ground, well, they are free range for hours every day, can dig and do whatever they want, and are still healthy (I had a Myxo outbrake at my old apartment transmitted from the wild population, but here there are no wild rabbits)
"Sometimes I stand by the door and look into the darkness, then I am reminded how dearly I cherish my boredom, and what a precious commodity is so much misery"

2 years of membership2 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 531
Joined: July 12, 2016
Location: snohomish, wa
United States of America
Thanks: 4
Thanked: 134 in 120 posts
BunnyBucks: 2,790.00

Re: Help Me With My Logic Paper

Post Number:#6  Unread postby shazza » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:42 am


people in america get uptight about wire floors too, especially house rabbit people. they are pretty firmly in the 'nothing but solid flooring' camp. most show and meat breeders are firmly in the 'wire floors only' camp. i've personally used both, and i vastly prefer wire.
Image
standard rex, meat/fur mutts
tumblr: @babbits | facebook: @frithyeer.rabbits | ig: @frithyeerfarm

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 7102
Joined: July 17, 2010
Location: Iowa
Thanks: 1
Thanked: 1058 in 939 posts
BunnyBucks: 36,545.00

Re: Help Me With My Logic Paper

Post Number:#7  Unread postby akane » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:01 am


People have gotten breeders shut down in the US over wire floors. They use other excuses because by law wire floors are fully allowed but originally they hate they are in wire cages and then they find enough little things to declare neglect or even abuse charges. If they can't they might steal the rabbits to "save" them from the wire floor cages or just plain not being in human houses. Some people don't think they should be exposed to conditions outside of typical human suitable habitation either. I find the sentiment of small animals indoors only to be even stronger in the US than overseas.
http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/takakageri/library/
Failing might just mean you are trying to climb instead of swim https://youtu.be/evathYHc1Fg

Site Supporter
2 years of membership2 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 150
Joined: April 28, 2016
Location: Northeast Kansas
United States of America Female
Thanks: 69
Thanked: 36 in 31 posts
BunnyBucks: 857.00

Re: Help Me With My Logic Paper

Post Number:#8  Unread postby Winterwolf » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:00 am


I found a few articles, but unfortunately not very much. It's odd how few rabbit care articles on the web are actually informative.
Anyway, I saw the discussion on this thread shift from "caged vs. non-caged" to "wire vs. solid floor" and since I didn't know which you wanted, I included a little of both. Threw in some "indoor vs. outdoor" as well in case you wanted to add that to the paper.

Quick note to any RTers who see these articles: I'm not taking sides in any of the mentioned debates. As long as a person's rabbit is healthy and happy, I don't care whether they're in outdoor hutches or sleeping at the end of their owner's bed. I'm sharing these links solely for the purpose of helping bunnychild with her research.

This one is pro-indoor housing:
https://www.pawsandlearn.org/Bunny_Sleep_Inside.html
This is an excellent unbiased article presenting both sides of the argument:
http://www.thecapecoop.com/should-rabbits-live-indoors-or-outdoors/
This article is specifically about indoor rabbits. It presents the idea of pens rather than cages for bunnies:
http://rabbit.org/beyond-cages-the-possibilities-of-pen-living/
General discussion on rabbit cages from a house-rabbit-owner's perspective:
http://ilovemyhouserabbit.com/are-rabbit-cages-cruel/
This excellent article defends wire floors in rabbit cages:
http://shinysatins.weebly.com/wire-floors.html
This website has tons of info on different types of cages/hutches. Thought there might be some useful info for your logic paper in here:
http://www.therabbithouse.com/index.asp
Misty Creek Rabbitry
Mini Lops and French Angoras
Northeast Kansas, USA
http://mistycreekrabbitry.weebly.com
https://www.facebook.com/MistyCreekRabbitry/

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 231
Joined: September 5, 2013
Location: Kansas
United States of America Female
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 6 in 5 posts
BunnyBucks: 1,351.00

Re: Help Me With My Logic Paper

Post Number:#9  Unread postby bunnychild » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:00 pm


Winterwolf wrote:I found a few articles, but unfortunately not very much. It's odd how few rabbit care articles on the web are actually informative.
Anyway, I saw the discussion on this thread shift from "caged vs. non-caged" to "wire vs. solid floor" and since I didn't know which you wanted, I included a little of both. Threw in some "indoor vs. outdoor" as well in case you wanted to add that to the paper.

Quick note to any RTers who see these articles: I'm not taking sides in any of the mentioned debates. As long as a person's rabbit is healthy and happy, I don't care whether they're in outdoor hutches or sleeping at the end of their owner's bed. I'm sharing these links solely for the purpose of helping bunnychild with her research.

This one is pro-indoor housing:
https://www.pawsandlearn.org/Bunny_Sleep_Inside.html
This is an excellent unbiased article presenting both sides of the argument:
http://www.thecapecoop.com/should-rabbits-live-indoors-or-outdoors/
This article is specifically about indoor rabbits. It presents the idea of pens rather than cages for bunnies:
http://rabbit.org/beyond-cages-the-possibilities-of-pen-living/
General discussion on rabbit cages from a house-rabbit-owner's perspective:
http://ilovemyhouserabbit.com/are-rabbit-cages-cruel/
This excellent article defends wire floors in rabbit cages:
http://shinysatins.weebly.com/wire-floors.html
This website has tons of info on different types of cages/hutches. Thought there might be some useful info for your logic paper in here:
http://www.therabbithouse.com/index.asp

Oh my goodness thank you so much!
I haven't fully settled on my topic yet it is really based off what informative articles I can find.
A lot of articles on these topics are more opinion based than fact based which is actually okay because then I can explain all the ways they are fallacious lol
Breeder gone to the Pet Side

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest