Register

Records Keeping Programs (Screen Caps, specifics)

Discussions and questions about how best to keep your breeding program running smoothly.
1 year of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 2,315.00

Re: Records Keeping Programs (Screen Caps, specifics)

Post Number:#16  Unread postby shazza » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:09 pm

Deer Heart wrote:I love the Excel sheets, don't get me wrong, but there is no excel on my home PC :) It is extremely expensive and well beyond what I'm willing to spend on this (almost $100 every year?!)

google drive has a knockoff excel, but i'm not sure if it has all the functionality you may use. and it's free if you have a google account :)

i've been using kintracks and yeah i have some of the same complaints. i've been hesitant to actually buy a program because to be honest, i keep fantastic paper records, but it'd be nice sometimes to have it all in one place on my computer as well. additionally, i am able to keep up with paperwork NOW...but when i expand i may not be able to. it's a shame the bunnytails mobile app isn't for android too, that'd honestly be worth me paying for in of itself. i may end up buying it too because it looks like it has more the functionality that i want.
mini lop, standard rex, meat mutts
tumblr: @babbits | facebook: @frithyeer.rabbits | ig: @frithyeerfarm

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 240.00

Post Number:#17  Unread postby MeadowView » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:06 pm

I too use global pedigree. I still eventually want to get Evans, but ya girl is not made of money and I can't make myself splurge like that. One thing I like that wasn't mentioned: When building a pedigree, you automatically search the database for the ancestor you're trying to enter. When you have rabbits from larger, more widespread rabbitries, often times they're already in the database, and then that branch of the pedigree is automatically filled out!

For example, I have a rabbit from Linda Bell. When I put in his dam's ear number, she was the first result. Once I assigned her as his dam, my work for that side of the pedigree was done. It's also interesting to see which rabbits share heritage with yours.

Site Supporter
1 year of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 772.00

Post Number:#18  Unread postby Winterwolf » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:43 pm

I've been using Hutch for about six months now and I highly recommend it. Very easy to use, wonderful setup and sorting system for the rabbits, and you can print off custom pedigrees and cage cards. Any rabbits that are marked as sold/died/etc. get archived so they don't show up as being in your rabbitry, but you can still access all their info including pedigrees. I've been very happy with it so far and don't have any complaints. Not a bad price, either. For full use of the premium features, it's $40/year or $130 for a lifetime membership. I think the limited access version is $20/year or something like that.
I don't remember the web address, but you can probably just google it. They're on Facebook, too, last I heard.
Misty Creek Rabbitry
French Angora rabbits, Angora fiber, & handspun yarn
Mini Lops
Northeast Kansas, USA

https://www.facebook.com/MistyCreekRabbitry/
http://mistycreekrabbitry.weebly.com

Previous