Blue Silver Fox Can NOT Produce Black Silver Foxes?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldEnglishSilvers88

Reaction score
Title says it all. Someone told me that blue silvered Silver Foxes can not produce black silvered Silver Fox when bred to another blue silvered. I believe this to be correct, am I?

I hopefully have a litter due this 30th. Both parents are pedigreed blue silvered Silver Foxes. This will be the buck's first litter but not the doe's. Buck's parents are a chocolate silvered (sire) and black silvered (dam). Doe's parents are lilac silvered (sire) and blue silvered (dam). Also, blue silvereds can not produce chocolate silvereds when bred together right? I only have black silvered and blue silvered Silver Foxes as I do not believe in the other colors. So in this litter I will get blue silvered and maybe lilac silvered since the doe carries for it and the buck must too since he has chocolate linage right?

Thanks! :D

It sounds like you have two blues who both for sure carry chocolate, so you should get blues and lilacs, most likely 50/50.

Two blues bred together cannot produce a black or a chocolate. When you breed two dilutes together, you'll get nothing but dilutes.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Black/blue/choc/lilac are the only color genetics I know!

Relent gave me 7 beautiful blue silvereds on October 1, 2017. :D It's Solitaire's first litter. He's a good dad. Haha.

OldEnglishSilvers88":2vft4q9u said:
Relent gave me 7 beautiful blue silvereds on October 1, 2017. :D It's Solitaire's first litter. He's a good dad. Haha.

Awesome! Congratulations.
What if I crossed 2 blues that -to my knowledge- don't carry chocolate? Would I get only blues and lilacs with no chance of chocolate or black?

blue x blue can never make chocolate or black. If they carry chocolate, they can make lilac (the chocolate version of blue), but if they dont carry chocolate youll get all blues

Latest posts

Back