New Title: In Indy

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations on you interviews and call back Ozark! As always, thanks for all the pictures you have been providing. If there's one thing the R/T crowd loves is pictures! MORE pictures! :lol:

I found out yesterday the black Flemish Giant buck I raised and sold to a friend got best senior buck. He was barely beat out for BOV by a 6/8. :x

Did I mention more pictures? :p

JJCRabbitry":1tsmxmxh said:
Ozarkansas":1tsmxmxh said:
Wow! They are beautiful! I didn't get any lines that clean in the class I judged, so it was a little harder. But that would make sense that people would rather show their best that donate them to the youth contests for the week.
Sorry I had to quote your last post, but for some reason, I can't message you. None of my friends at Convention want to answer their messages, so I'll try here. :x
Are there any Sallanders? They are a type of the Cinnamon breed, just a different color. Also, are there any in any other breeds? Just out of curiosity.
I can't say I've seen any, but with there being over 20,000 rabbits it doesn't mean there isn't any. Are they recognized or have a CDO in any breed? <br /><br /> __________ Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:33 pm __________ <br /><br />
Homer":1tsmxmxh said:
Congratulations on you interviews and call back Ozark! As always, thanks for all the pictures you have been providing. If there's one thing the R/T crowd loves is pictures! MORE pictures! :lol:

I found out yesterday the black Flemish Giant buck I raised and sold to a friend got best senior buck. He was barely beat out for BOV by a 6/8. :x

Did I mention more pictures? :p
Thank you Homer!
I've been waiting for someone to call me Ozark, I just wasn't sure how or when to tell y'all you could call me that :oops:

I went over and looked at the Flemish last night. Did you ever notice the Blues seem to be the smallest?

And are you sure you need MORE pictures?? Weeelllllll..... Okaaaaay. ;) (It would be my pleasure to get more pictures :D)

They're considered Sable Point in some breeds, just the chocolate variety.
As far as your comment about the Blue Flemish, they are the smallest. I have raised blues for years.

I saw some Sabe Piont mini rex.

__________ Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:14 pm __________

Today I finally got the chance to just look around and talk to some other breeders. I purchased a White Beveren buck and a Chocolate Dutch buck. I also purchased a Blue American pair (at the beginning of the convention).
And I got some pictures!
2017-10-04 15.51.50.jpg
JJCRabbitry is this a Sallander?
2017-10-04 15.52.12.jpg
2017-10-04 15.52.42.jpg2017-10-04 15.53.05.jpg2017-10-04 15.53.34.jpg

__________ Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:18 pm __________

2017-10-04 15.55.42.jpg2017-10-04 15.55.14.jpg2017-10-04 15.54.51.jpg2017-10-04 15.54.24.jpg2017-10-04 15.54.02.jpg

__________ Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:22 pm __________

2017-10-04 15.56.19.jpg2017-10-04 15.56.43.jpg2017-10-04 15.57.22.jpg2017-10-04 15.58.33.jpg2017-10-04 15.59.00.jpg

__________ Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:25 pm __________

2017-10-04 15.59.24.jpg2017-10-04 16.00.09.jpg
Here is the new breeds and varieties board. I apologize that the one that's all the way filled in is blurry 2017-10-04 16.00.36.jpg2017-10-04 16.01.05.jpg

The only breeds that recognize sallander are satins & mini satin (calling it siamese) and angoras (calling it black pearl). its chinchilla based sable point/tortoise.
I haven't heard from anybody who saw sallanders (the breed) there but also most of the sallanders here in the US are cinnamon sports, not actually descended from the real sallander breed (which has thicker bone, longer coat, more of a european style rabbit)
I've been watching my friend's show at convention, and living vicariously through them lol My one friend got BOB & BOS lilac, and the girl who won BIS with a fuzzy lop was one of my friends too. It was a good year for district 2 & california. Im just waiting to hear the royalty results; I've competed for years (and won twice) and this is the first time I was too old to do it

Hahaha about that wire w/ the dwarf hotot. I had a jr himalayan doe I brought one year (think it was forth worth 2014). I kept her for her very narrow body and she could easily fit through the cage! She spent most her time with her head and front legs out of the cage, greeting strangers. She got completely through the bars at one point, and had a litter of gold tipped steels a month later (mind: all I raised then were shaded dwarfs and himalayans) :lol:

SableSteel":3lcy4haj said:
The only breeds that recognize sallander are satins & mini satin (calling it siamese) and angoras (calling it black pearl). its chinchilla based sable point/tortoise.
I haven't heard from anybody who saw sallanders (the breed) there but also most of the sallanders here in the US are cinnamon sports, not actually descended from the real sallander breed (which has thicker bone, longer coat, more of a european style rabbit)
I've been watching my friend's show at convention, and living vicariously through them lol My one friend got BOB & BOS lilac, and the girl who won BIS with a fuzzy lop was one of my friends too. It was a good year for district 2 & california. Im just waiting to hear the royalty results; I've competed for years (and won twice) and this is the first time I was too old to do it
Last night I looked online to see what Sallanders looked like, and today when I saw the Siamese Satins today I thought they looked like Sallanders. I am excited about royalty results as well! Iam competing for Dutchess and I got an interview and called back for judging, but I doubt I won. <br /><br /> __________ Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:02 pm __________ <br /><br /> I won 4th national runner-up in the individual judging!!! :cheer1: :cheer2: :fireworks1:

I'd like to thank you for all the wonderful pictures as well. I'm loving seeing them all! I wish I had made it to convention when it was in Fort Worth in 2014, but I had only had rabbits a couple of months at that point and didn't realize convention moved around.

Ozarkansas":1cg3fs9j said:
I won 4th national runner-up in the individual judging!!! :cheer1: :cheer2: :fireworks1:

:congratulations: :bounce:

Thanks for all the pictures!

thats-done-cat.jpg

Homer":myv8fj8b said:
Ozarkansas":myv8fj8b said:
I won 4th national runner-up in the individual judging!!! :cheer1: :cheer2: :fireworks1:

:congratulations: :bounce:

Thanks for all the pictures!

thats-done-cat.jpg

Next is.... Arkansas State Fair here we come! <br /><br /> __________ Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:22 am __________ <br /><br /> Well we are on our way home. I made some great memories and freinds, and can't wait to do it again! I finally found out what I won with my rabbits :oops:
BOV Blue American and Best junior doe Beveren!!
2017-10-05 12.21.58.jpg

Ozarkansas":200voo38 said:
Well we are on our way home. I made some great memories and freinds, and can't wait to do it again! I finally found out what I won with my rabbits :oops: BOV Blue American and Best junior doe Beveren!!

:cheer1: :congratulations: :cheer2:

Congrats on the wins! Hope you have a safe journey home. And thank you SO much for all the wonderful pictures and news updates.

Winterwolf":2r0q6pre said:
Ozarkansas":2r0q6pre said:
Well we are on our way home. I made some great memories and freinds, and can't wait to do it again! I finally found out what I won with my rabbits :oops: BOV Blue American and Best junior doe Beveren!!

:cheer1: :congratulations: :cheer2:

Congrats on the wins! Hope you have a safe journey home. And thank you SO much for all the wonderful pictures and news updates.

Thank you! We got home on Friday and I have been busy ever since. You don't realize how much work you put into a 30 hole rabbitry besides feeding and watering until you aren't there to do it for a week! I've been trying to get pictures of my beautiful new American pair, but they seem to think they are a running/ full arch breed! :?
2017-10-08 12.45.07.jpg

Ozarkansas":1gbhhnzr said:
I've been trying to get pictures of my beautiful new American pair, but they seem to think they are a running/ full arch breed! :?

Aw, he's trying to look all regal and proud for the rabbitry website, and you don't appreciate his efforts. ;) :lol:

Ozarkansas":1gbhhnzr said:
You don't realize how much work you put into a 30 hole rabbitry besides feeding and watering until you aren't there to do it for a week!

I only have a 10 hole rabbitry and even then it all seems to fall apart in the one week we spend on vacation each year. I think the rabbits like to punish us for daring to have lives outside of our rabbitries.

Latest posts

Back