Rabbits That Think They Are Dogs!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loopy

Reaction score
IMG_20170416_2.jpgHi Guys and Gals, I have had a few rabbits in my time, but two stand out that I feel I should mention. Koco is my latest addition to the family. Spoilt rotten, and a great joy, however he thinks he is a dog... He likes to lay at our feet when family and guest like to be in conversation, and he likes to follow my eldest son around when he gets home from work. Koco sleeps in the house in a cloth/mesh baby playpen with blanket over the top at night, to keep him from jumping out, but when we are home he is let out of the playpen and enjoys the freedom of free rein of the house and yard, which is fully enclosed and poses no danger to him. Koco is a Dwarf Lop Ear Pure-bread, Cream under-body, white tail, and various tones of beige/brown, with a tinge of orange behind his head.

DSCF01862.jpg20130719626.jpgFloppy was with us for seven years before he had to be put down for compassionate reasons. This was a great loss to my family as he was very much loved. He too thought he was a dog, often at 4pm he would walk the hallway of our home, and sit at the font door waiting for my son to return home from a day at work. He could also tell the time, as at 7pm - 7.30 he would come to my office, tug on my clothes either a skirt or trousers, and indicate it was his bed time. If visitors come over he would sniff their shoes, if he recognized them, he would go sit under the coffee table, his favorite place, but if he didn't like them, he would come sit near me as if he was trying to ward off danger, it was so cute. He loved having baths in the sink, at least one a week, and was simply a delight to have around. Floppy was a Black Lop Ear Dwarf with grey paws, in summer he had a slight ginger mix in his coat, but most of the time he was black in color.

Attachments

• 20130630_112.jpg
    20130630_112.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,905
What a couple of sweet-looking bunny-pups -er- puppy-buns? :thinking: No, I've got it! With those lops ears, they've gotta be bunny-hounds! :yes: Hmmm :? . . . The way hounds chase rabbits . . . something is wrong here. :lol:

Glad to have you with us, Loopy. :welcome:

Welcome to the "rabbit hole" Loopy.

iuductEb.jpg

As long as Koco doesn't start barking he'll give you guys lots of joy and friendship. lol
He's a cute little bugger. What does he weigh?

Not weighed him yet HOMER, but am told he wont get any bigger than 2.6kgs, and I am guessing he is close to that. He was born March 2017 and we got him at the end of April, so he has adjusted quite well. I would be surprised if he got any bigger, although he has a sweet tooth, loves dried apricots, sultanas and ice-cream. If we have an ice-cream cone, he runs over just for a lick or two, in fact we have to pull it away from him because we know it isn't good for his digestive system. Apricots are like opium to him, if he hears the lid of the jar, no matter what part of the house he is in, he will come running, and gets so excited at the prospect of this treat... Nice ploy if we have to go out and put him in his bed, but not good to give him too much, so far no problems with him, or his plumbing.

__________ Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:32 pm __________

I wrote these poems about Floppy, but they could apply to both my fur balls...
Floppy.jpg
Please excuse the spelling error, (cure should be cute.)
My Best Friend.jpg
Another picture of Floppy soaking up the Australian Sun
Floppy in yard.jpg
09122010(001).jpg

Morning er, uh, Evening Loopy. Your poems are well done. Only a rabbit person would know from the onset where they are headed :)

I didn't realize Koco was as young as he is. Careful with the treats, but you seem to understand that. G. I. problems with young bunnies is no fun.

Love the last picture. "My head's covered, you can't see me. :lol: <br /><br /> __________ Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:38 am __________ <br /><br />
MaggieJ":5mt0nug5 said:
What a couple of sweet-looking bunny-pups -er- puppy-buns? :thinking: No, I've got it! With those lops ears, they've gotta be bunny-hounds! :yes: Hmmm :? . . . The way hounds chase rabbits . . . something is wrong here. :lol: ...

Found another picture of Koco. You almost had it right, he's a hound-rabbit. :p

Rabbit-dog_1372446i.jpg

Not quite as cute as my Koco pictures HOMER, but such a good image, maybe Koco is having a 'hair of the dog' kind of day. LOL

I couldn't think what was wrong with your hound-rabbit, Homer . . . until I realized that although the ears look like a hound's, you've used of a fox's face instead of a dog's. The sharp nose and the cat-eyed pupils are foxy, though the lips are more doggish. So now what do we call this critter? A frogbit, perhaps?

MaggieJ":2jgs8lim said:
I couldn't think what was wrong with your hound-rabbit, Homer . . . until I realized that although the ears look like a hound's, you've used of a fox's face instead of a dog's. The sharp nose and the cat-eyed pupils are foxy, though the lips are more doggish. So now what do we call this critter? A frogbit, perhaps?

Are you kidding me? :? It's Koco silly, just a different view. :roll: A fox my eye...

Hmm.... so it is! Silly me! :oops:

I guess this miserable cold I have is affecting my vision. :roll:

(That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!) :yes:

Grumble, grumble. :walk: Hasn't Homer ever heard of a rabbit in fox's clothing?

MaggieJ":2goxzw37 said:
I guess this miserable cold I have is affecting my vision. :roll:...

Sorry to hear of you're under the weather Maggie. I can always send my private nurse up there. She loves to dole out "remedies" you know but she can be a bit harsh at times.

bunny_nurse.jpg

Wow, this thread took a left turn. Sorry for the :hijacked: Loopy. :oops:

Yes, we've been very bad, running away with your thread, Loopy! :nono:

(Of course, it's all Homer's fault . . . but you know what he's like!)

Homer, Nurse Rabbit looks too intimidating to me. All starched up and no sense of humour!

Too cute, some people are clever with graphic manipulation... Get well soon MaggieJ <br /><br /> __________ Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:48 pm __________ <br /><br /> Koco relaxing while outside with my sons...

22278704_10214356728411488_1190516360_n.jpg

Back