Register

Last Show for the Season, Southern Colorado

Discussion of rabbit shows, news and events and tips about showing your rabbits.
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 87,553.00

Re: Last Show for the Season, Southern Colorado

Post Number:#16  Unread postby MamaSheepdog » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:33 pm

Homer, you do realize that SixGuns is speaking of West Coast Classic?!? It is in May this year and will go back to April next year.

How can you miss what amounts to almost a mini ARBA Convention?

I will be there! Wouldn't miss it!
Victory Garden Rabbits

Proud new owner of the highly coveted Get-away-with-it-card! (Homer's gift to me in a feeble attempt to curry favor and avoid the ban hammer.)

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. - Thomas Jefferson

Site Supporter
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 9,487.00

Post Number:#17  Unread postby Homer » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:02 pm

MamaSheepdog wrote:Homer, you do realize that SixGuns is speaking of West Coast Classic?!? It is in May this year and will go back to April next year.

How can you miss what amounts to almost a mini ARBA Convention?

I will be there! Wouldn't miss it!

Really? :nana: I guess someone from Colorado should probably come then to show you what real rabbits look like. :P

Are you a member here? We never seem to see you anymore unless someone posts about toys then... :pokeeye:

I put it in my online calendar for a reminder first part of April to see if it will happen. We have some very nice Jackrabbits (19 and 20 pounds) right now from one of the does I saved from my formula hand feeding experiment. Hope to see you there!

edit: Forgot to tell you, one from that litter just left for Indy. (a black buck) The owner has been kicking everyone's tail he has shown against. Already has four legs and is registered.
Previous owner of the elusive and much sought after "Get Away With It" card.

http://bdbunnyranch.weebly.com/

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 87,553.00

Post Number:#18  Unread postby MamaSheepdog » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:20 pm

Hah! "Real rabbits" indeed. Did you switch breeds or something? :thinking:

Congrats on saving your litter and doing it so well that you actually grew one out well enough to send it to Indy. Amazing.
:bow:
Victory Garden Rabbits

Proud new owner of the highly coveted Get-away-with-it-card! (Homer's gift to me in a feeble attempt to curry favor and avoid the ban hammer.)

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. - Thomas Jefferson

The following user would like to thank MamaSheepdog for this post
Homer

BunnyBucks: 1,540.00

Post Number:#19  Unread postby Ozarkansas » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:35 pm

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but Homer did you really hand raise bunnies good enough to go to convention?!? I have tried hand raising a few litters, it never works very well....
Ozarkansas Rabbit Farms
Raising quality purebred Americans, Beverens, Dutch, and Palominos for meat, show, and pet.
htpp://www.ozarkansasrabbits.com

The following user would like to thank Ozarkansas for this post
Homer

Site Supporter
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Post Number:#20  Unread postby Homer » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:42 pm

MamaSheepdog wrote:Hah! "Real rabbits" indeed. Did you switch breeds or something? :thinking:

Congrats on saving your litter and doing it so well that you actually grew one out well enough to send it to Indy. Amazing.
:bow:

Actually, I beat the one that went to Indy with his sister last weekend. :D You know, just one of those jackrabbits. :lol:

__________ Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:42 pm __________

Ozarkansas wrote:I don't mean to hijack the thread, but Homer did you really hand raise bunnies good enough to go to convention?!? I have tried hand raising a few litters, it never works very well....
I did. It was the offspring of some I hand raised awhile back. Their grandma was a real giant (21 pounds) but when she had these kits broke her back...You can read all about how I did it here; http://rabbittalk.com/updated-hand-feeding-formula-t27372.html.

The following user would like to thank Homer for this post
Ozarkansas

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 305.00

Post Number:#21  Unread postby MeadowView » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:31 pm

Were any of y'all in Durango a couple weekends ago? I made the (six hour ugh) trip to try to put at least one leg on one of my girls before breeding. I've been to two CO shows now and from what I've seen y'all are way more normal than rabbit breeders in other parts of the country. I've met some real crazies down here in AZ and NM lmao

I'll also be in Reno in May, god willing. Should have some homebred juniors to put on the table by then! :D

Site Supporter

Post Number:#22  Unread postby Homer » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:58 pm

Didn't make Durango. To much to get done around here right now. Fall seems to be getting here. :x

That black buck that went to nats got best senior Flemish buck! :o Got beat for BOV by a 6/8 buck though...barely. I knew the genetics where there when I hand raised his mamma. :D

:gnight:

Previous