Register

Critique my NZW kit?

Discussion of specific breeds, breed standards and selection criteria for purebreds.
BunnyBucks: 110.00

Critique my NZW kit?

Post Number:#1  Unread postby duxthe1 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:59 pm

This is Brooklyn, the fastest growing kit from Lizzy's first litter. Due to her impressive growth, I'm planning to hold her back as a breeding doe. She is a few days over 4 weeks and only a few oz shy of 2lbs. Since she is a planned keeper I spent a while this morning socializing her and figured I'd try to pose her and take a couple pics. Not the best pics I'm sure, but not the worst I hope. Would you guys mind giving her a critique?
Brooklyn 4 mos.JPG
Brooklyn 4 mos.JPG (151.84 KiB) Viewed 61 times

Brooklyn 4 mos top.JPG
Brooklyn 4 mos top.JPG (161.18 KiB) Viewed 61 times
Floppy Hat Farm
2 NZ White does, 1 NZ White buck
Plenty of ducks and chickens
Urban farm and Micro Nursery

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 175.00

Re: Critique my NZW kit?

Post Number:#2  Unread postby MeadowView » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:22 pm

A better pose would make critique a little easier. Front feet should be in line with the eyes. She's tucked a little back and posed on her toes, which makes the profile hard to get an accurate read on.

From these photos, she looks to be maybe a little long and narrow in the shoulders, and maybe a little pinched/undercut in the HQ. She still has a lot of growing up to do, though, and a correct pose might make these problems disappear!

Site Supporter
3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 13,761.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby alforddm » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:33 pm

I wouldn't put too much stock in 4 week weights either. I've had my heaviest kits at 4 weeks be outweighed by a lb at 12 weeks.

BunnyBucks: 110.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby duxthe1 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:57 am

Thanks for the input. It was no simple feat to get her even close to posed and get pictures. Hopefully as I socialize her more she will become more agreeable to the idea.
Floppy Hat Farm
2 NZ White does, 1 NZ White buck
Plenty of ducks and chickens
Urban farm and Micro Nursery